So many people have told me they miss the blog. So, I’m going to bring it back. Hopefully it will be better than ever. Spread it around that I’m back in action. Thanks for reading. Much love and happy holidays.
Ok, down to business! — Bust out those ugly holiday sweaters one more time!! Here’s what’s happening at the bars in Rockland area this weekend.
Thursday Dec. 18
Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery visits The Landings Restaurant and pairs their local, craft beer with amazing food. Five course menu. 6 p.m. Yum. $35 per person, $50 for a couple, ($5 off for mug club members). Get reservations. Info.
Karaoke at Cuzzys.
Friday Dec. 19, 2014
- Tomorrow Morning plays live music at The Speakeasy. This is fun dancey pop rock music with heavy reggea tones. Think Jack Johnson meets a red bull. Haha. Trust me, it’s fun. Music starts at 8 p.m. no cover.
- Santa’s NAUGHTY or NICE Holiday Party! 9:30 p.m. at Rock Harbor. Santa will be there!! Take your Picture with Santa! Yay!!! I love this idea! Yaayy! Make some really outrageous photos and use them as your Holiday Card to send to friends and family. Grandma will love it. 🙂 $3 at the door- Girls in FREE- Drink Specials to include Naughty or Nice specific Cocktails!! Music by local band Midnight Riders with Owen Cartwright, Clint Hartzell, Joel Watson, Owen Cartwright & Will Neils.
- Karaoke at the Myrt starts at 9pm. Go sing Santa Baby and other holiday faves.
- Rusty Hinges plays music 7-9 p.m. at Highlands Coffee House. Info.
- Open Mic at TOP downstairs.
Saturday Dec. 20, 2014
- MIRACLE ON 34th ST. – Annual Free Holiday Movie at 3 p.m. at Strand I’ve actually never seen this movie. But I’m tempted to go if only for the delicious movie theatre popcorn. Can you tell I’m writing this before I’ve had dinner? Ha.
- Myrtles Annual HOLIDAY BASH! The 220s are playing rockin’ tunes. Whoever has the ugliest holiday outfit will win Christmas sweaters. Giveaways. Booze. Boys with guitars. What’s not to love? Music and fun starts at 9 p.m. $3 cover.
- Cold Music for Cold People! THE MURDER WEAPON live at The Speakeasy – Saturday. Dec. 20th. 21+. No cover. Music 8p.m. Murder weapon plays rockin’ psychobilly music. It’s like classic bluesy rock pumped up with a punk pace. So good. Get ready to dance!
- Rock Coast Rollers are at it again with “A Home for the Holidays,” at the Point Lookout Fitness Center, at 5 p.m. This will be a Maine Mixed-Team Flat Track Derby Event, featuring skaters from all over the state scrimmaging together. This is a family-friendly event. www.rockcoastrollers.org. Annnnd to make it festive, gingerbread-decorating contest during halftime!!
- Barbour Clarke Jazz Duo perform at Rock City Cafe, 7-9 p.m. Free.
- Michael Weferling & Friends Christmas Concert 7pm at Camden Opera House.
DRINK RESPONSIBLY. Schooner Bay Cabs: 594-5000!