I’ll add more stuff throughout the week, didn’t want to leave ya hangin’ if you’re dying to know what’s coming up. Enjoy!
Union Fair is still happenin’ til the 23rd. www.unionfair.org
Monday Aug. 18
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery at 7 p.m. & Mug Night.
- Open Mic at the FOG – 8 p.m.
- Monday Night Blues at Time Out Pub 7-10 p.m. Professor Louie ($10)
- $3 Margaritas at Trackside.
- Monday Night Jazz at Slipway featuring the BCD Jazz Quartet, with Bill Batty Jr – drums, David Clarke – guitar, Eric Davis – acoustic bass, and guest instrumentalist Wayne DeLano – sax 5:30-8 p.m. Now that just sounds lovely. Such a romantic spot. And gosh do I love an outdoor bar. Great food too. Try the fish cakes!
Tuesday Aug. 19
- Open Mic at Rock Harbor starts around 8:30 p.m.
- Open Mic Night at Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- The Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro has Rusty Hinges playing live folk music every Tuesday starting at 7 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday at 3Crow! $2.22 tacos, lots of great taco options, & discounts on mezcal & tequila drinks.
- Just Teachers play fun rock/classic covers!! 5:30-8:30pm at Camden Ampitheatre. More info. Free.
Wednesday Aug. 20
- Pier Party at Schooner Landing (Damariscotta) every Wednesday from 4-7 p.m.
- Camden Farmer’s Market, 3:30-6 p.m., upper parking lot behind Knox Mill. They usually have live music and they stick it out if it’s raining.
- Hump Day Open Mic in Rockland, 7-10 p.m., at Lincoln Street Center, Sign-up 6:30 p.m. No cost. Bring your dancing shoes! Beer, wine, snacks. FMI Ron Hawkes 975-2311.
- Visit the Farnsworth Art Museum for Free on Wednesdays from 5-8 p.m.!
- Smokestack has Locals Day! $1 PBRs and $2 off sandwiches & burgers.
- Karaoke at Cuzzys! Starts around 9 p.m. and is their most popular night.
Thursday Aug. 21
- Open Mic at The Highlands Coffee House, 6:30-9:30 p.m.,Thomaston. Sign-up at 6 p.m.
- Rockland Farmers’ Market, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Harbor Park.
- Schooner Landing Restaurant and Marina Pier Party 4-7pm. No Cover . Rain or shine. Damariscotta Maine.
- Celtic Band Jam, Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Juke Rockets at playing at the Union Fair from 7-9 p.m. so get your butt over there. Can you say butt on here? 😛 Demolition Derby starts at 7 p.m. so let’s watch them cahs make a right mess, guy. http://www.unionfair.org/
- “For What It’s Worth”: A performance showcase at Watermans Community center on Vinalhaven. Info.
- Temp Tales Release Party & Rockin’ Music! The show includes: The Mallett Brothers Band (This bada$$ country/rock band was named best in Maine this year) , Waylon Speed (This bada$$ rock/country band was named best in Vermont this year!) & O’ Chang Comics (This badass 6 p.m. pre-show beverages upstairs (yay for cash bars!). 7-11 p.m. music. FYI: the last O’Chang release party was crrraazzy packed! So make sure you get your tickets! This is going to be a blast! Get tix: $25. www.camdenoperahouse.com
- After party at Smokestack. Live music by Eric Green Party. See ya there, bub!
Friday Aug. 22
- Folk Festival in Bangerrr.
- But if you don’t want to drive that far, don’t worry there’s a music festival in Belfast too! Event goes from 2-10 pm takes place at Steamboat Landing and features every musical genre ever (OK, maybe not every genre, but a good mix including Jim Dandy, Eric Green Party, Trisha Mason Band, Juke Rockets and more!). Tickets $20 at the gate.
- DJ at Time Out Pub in Rockland, upstairs starts at 9 p.m. No cover, 21+.
- Open Mic downstairs at Time Out Pub starts at 9 p.m. No cover, 21+.
- Karaoke night at Myrtle St. Tavern starting at 9 p.m.! No cover, 21+.
- Michael Reny at Narrows Tavern, Waldoboro. Yay, I’m glad he’s coming back. I like his sound.
- Free Pole Dancing Classes, 5:30 p.m., Studio V, Rockland. Through August. FMI: 941-718-0847.
- Beer Pong Tournament at Trackside Station, 9 p.m., 21+.
- All That Jazz performs live — you guessed it — jazz music at Elm Street Grille (at Cedar Crest Inn) in Camden, 6-8 p.m.
- Devi Randolph at Rock City Café, Rockland, 9 p.m.- midnight. Info.
- The 220s @ The Speakeasy in Rockland 9 p.m.
- Friday, August 22 at 7.30 pm: Join Quantum and Cint Hartzell for an evening of original electronic music, mixing ambient beats and soundscapes. Clint and Quantum will be performing at Zoot Coffee, 31 Elm Street, Camden.
- K2 in Camden has music after hours night with a southern rock theme this time. Come join them, 6-8 p.m., jam or listen.
Saturday Aug. 23
- The Internet Cat Video Festival and Fair, starting at 5 p.m., will feature a cat costume contest, games, art activities, food vendors and more goofy cat-themed fun. At around 8 p.m., they will play internet cat videos. Don’t ask me why. But that’s what they are doing. Event is hosted by the Farnsworth, will take place at Harbor Park, in Rockland, and is open and free to the public. Info.
- The Bee’s Knees – Derby Day! Doors at 5 p.m., they roll at 6 p.m. Get tix in advance for $8, or $10 at the door. Event info. Halftime show includes jeerleaders, drive by todd and mid-coast hoop jammers.
- Raised by Wolves @ The Speakeasy, 9 p.m.
- Nukulele Unplugged! at Rock City Café, Rockland, 9 p.m.- midnight. Info.
- Portland based Americana/ Rockabilly band Pete Witham & The Cozmik Zombies plays at Water Dog Taver, 9 p.m., $3.
- Roller Derby After Party at Trackside Station, 9 p.m., 21+.
- DJ at Time Out Pub upstairs. 21+, no cover. Downstairs Time Out Pub has karaoke. Both kick off around 9 p.m.
- Myrtle St has live music starting at 9pm. 21+ $3.
- People of Earth Dance party at The Highlands Coffee House 8-10 p.m. Info.
- Barnstormers Ball at Owls Head Transportation Museum Aug 23 6:30 pm info. Cocktails and snacks (I only say snacks because I can’t spell hors d’oeuvres. Ok, I copy-pasted it -few.) The Carmine Terracciano Band will entertain ya. A fun evening for those who want to celebrate the 1920s style (let’s not have a Gatsby ending to the evening). Silent auctions and more. More info.
- Alex & Shayna rock/pop acoustic stylings at CUZZY’S Restaurant & tavern on Saturday from 10-midnight!
- Boyhood opens at the Strand! It’s the movie that follows the actors through something like 12 years so you get to see the characters grow up throughout the movie. I’m excited for this one! They’ll be playing it through the end of the month. Tickets $8.50.
Sunday Aug. 24
- FOG Bar & Cafe hosts Drink & Draw!
- $4 Mimosas & Bloody Marys at Trackside.
- Pearl Restaurant on the Pier in Rockland does $3 Bloodys & Mimosas and generally has music in the afternoon.
- Highlands Cafe Jazz music 1pm