There’s not much summer left, so go soak up some fun. Good thing everyone is trying to cram as much stuff into these last few weekends of nice weather as possible! Here’s what’s happening —
As always, I’ll add more neat stuff throughout the week, so check back day of for the most options. Thanks for reading. Please share with friends.
Monday Aug. 11
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery at 7 p.m. & Mug Night.
- Open Mic at the FOG – 8 p.m.
- Monday Night Blues at Time Out Pub 7-10 p.m.
- $3 Margaritas at Trackside.
- Commedia dell ‘Arte (Comic, almost improv theatre) at 3:30 p.m. in Memorial Park, across from Rockport Public Library. Free. These are fun.
- Movie “October Sky” at Camden Amphitheatre. Click for movie trailer. It’s a cute one. Bring a blanket and chill out in the park.
Tuesday Aug. 12
- Open Mic at Rock Harbor starts around 8:30 p.m.
- Open Mic Night at Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- The Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro has Rusty Hinges playing live folk music every Tuesday starting at 7 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday at 3Crow! Best darn $2 tacos and discounts on mezcal & tequila drinks.
Wednesday Aug. 13
- Pier Party at Schooner Landing (Damariscotta) every Wednesday from 4-7 p.m., featuring local favorites Elliot Mellyn and Stevie Jones. It’s under the Schooner Dockside Tent so it’s rain or shine. Awesome.
- Camden Farmer’s Market, 3:30-6 p.m., upper parking lot behind Knox Mill. They usually have live music and they stick it out if it’s raining.
- Hump Day Open Mic in Rockland, 7-10 p.m., at Lincoln Street Center, Sign-up 6:30 p.m. No cost. Bring your dancing shoes! Beer, wine, snacks. FMI Ron Hawkes 975-2311. They say they’ve had good turn outs, lots of talent, and now they’ve got the stage! Get down there and check it out!!
- Visit the Farnsworth Art Museum for Free on Wednesdays from 5-8 p.m.!
- Smokestack has Locals Day! $1 PBRs and $2 off sandwiches & burgers.
- Karaoke at Cuzzys! Starts around 9 p.m. and is their most popular night.
- Business After Hours @ Camden Whole Health, Camden – Pen Bay Chamber Members
- Camden Library’s Wednesday in the Park series hosts Miner Creek Band from 5-7 p.m. at the Camden Amphitheatre. Info.
- Live music at Zoot Coffeehouse in Camden. Christopher Costanza, cellist,and violinist Debra Fong will be performing at 12 pm. Free!
Thursday Aug. 14
- Much anticipated, talented Maine hip-hop cover band The Shizzle performs at the Myrtle at 9:30 p.m. This is going to be a blast. I have a feeling I’ll be callin’ in to work on Friday to tell them I can’t make it in because I’m having a problem with my eyes – because I can’t SEE myself going in to work after groovin’ to The Shizzle all night :-P. Just kidding! geez. Event info.
- Open Mic at The Highlands Coffee House, 6:30-9:30 p.m.,Thomaston. Sign-up at 6 p.m.
- Rockland Farmers’ Market, 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Harbor Park.
- Schooner Landing Restaurant and Marina Pier Party 4-7pm. No Cover . Rain or shine. Damariscotta Maine.
- Celtic Band Jam, Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Live music at Slipway in Thomaston.
- Green with Envy Salon in Camden hosts an Open House, 5-8 p.m. Hors d’oeuvres, meet staff, see spa area, enjoy some services & maybe win a prize.
- Boothbay Harbor Music Cruises out of Boothbay has Ghost of Paul Revere playing live holler-folk music, 6-9 p.m. Love these boys. This will be totally rad. More info & how to get tickets here. I’m also pumped for their upcoming Ghostland Music Festival in Brunswick, September 13. Get more info on the music, beer & camping fun-filled event here.
- BBQ, Beer & Bocce with Rising Tide at 3Crow. No tickets, just show up. Rising Tide beers, whatever 3Crow feels like BBQin’ and the bocce ball is super fun & the back patio is fabulous. Info.
- Dana & Susan Robinson perform folk music at Camden Library. Info here.
- Dirty Dancing community dance at the Simington Corner Hall in Rockport in Rockport. 8:30 -12:30 p.m. 21+, BYOB!!! Cover: $6. Bring your buddies and get ready to dance to some dance music thanks to the rad DJ. Event info.
- Brunswick Music on the Mall hosts The Colwell Brothers Band, 6 p.m., free. www.brunswickdowntown.org
Friday Aug. 15
- Wine Tasting at RAYR in Rockport, 4-6 p.m.
- DJ at Time Out Pub in Rockland, upstairs starts at 9 p.m. No cover, 21+.
- Open Mic downstairs at Time Out Pub starts at 9 p.m. No cover, 21+.
- Karaoke night at Myrtle St. Tavern starting at 9 p.m.! No cover, 21+.
- Midcoast Music Academy Summer Jam Session will play live music Open Mic style with MCMA students and teachers performing 6-9 p.m. at Rock City Cafe. Free, tips encouraged. Coffee, cocktails, & food service available.
- Live folk/rock music by Robby Simpson at Narrows Tavern, Waldoboro. Yay, I’m glad he’s coming back. I like his sound.
- Jazz singer Nora Cavin at The Highlands Coffee House 7-9 p.m.
- Free Pole Dancing Classes, 5:30 p.m., Studio V, Rockland. Through August. FMI: 941-718-0847.
- Back in Time night with DJ VJ at Trackside Station, 9 p.m., 21+.
- Golden Oak performs old timey folk music at Water Dog Tavern, 7-9 p.m. I really liked this band and I bet you will too facebook event.
- Full on Eric GREEN Party is at Schooner Landing Restaurant and Marina Friday August 15th, 9pm ’til.
- PechaKucha at the Camden Amphitheater, 7 p.m. It will start after sunset. Cost is $5 at entrance. Creative folk talk about their creations while showing images of their work. Facebook Event Page.
- All That Jazz performs live — you guessed it — jazz music at Elm Street Grille (at Cedar Crest Inn) in Camden, 6-8 p.m.
- Alex & Shayna perform pop hits at The Pearl on Friday from 9:30-11:30pm.
- Lovewhip plays electro funk pop dance music at The Speakeasy starting at 9 p.m., $5 cover (but no cover if you dine at the speakeasy or chowder house).
- Harbor Fest @ Steam Boat Landing, Belfast. Food, Beer, Music. Gates open at 6 p.m., Event 7 p.m. -11 p.m. Cost: $10. Music will feature bluegrass band Tricky Britches, pop/rock band When Particles Collide, and local favorites Americana/rock band Toughcats. www.belfastharborfest.com. I went to this last year and had a blast. Def worth going to! Plus I love Marshall Wharf Brewing Company’s beer.
Saturday Aug. 16
- Union Fair Kicks off! Dwayne Nickerson Band plays 7-9 p.m. and then it’s Demolition Derby time! www.unionfair.org
- 8th Annual Brunswick Outdoor Arts Festival 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Brunswick Downtown Association (BDA) will host the 8th Annual Brunswick Outdoor Arts Festival. Something like 90 artists display their work along the sidewalks of Maine Street. Lots of live music throughout the day as well. FMI visit www.brunswickdowntown.org/boaf
- Community Appreciation Day at Belfast Co-Op. 10-4 p.m. More info.
- Raised by Wolves @ The Speakeasy, 9 p.m.
- Singer-songwriter Crystal Bowersox plays blues/country/folk/rock music at The Strand Theatre. Her vocals are beautiful. This will def be a good show. Mom, you would like this singer. It’s like a younger, hipper Reba McEntire kind of sound. Seth Glier opens. He’s very talented too. Haunting and beautiful folk music with piano, like a gentler, younger Ellis Paul. Very powerful. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Admission: $17.50.
- Hot Pink Flannel hosts Camp Sunburn at Rock City Café, Rockland, 9 p.m.- midnight. FB Event Page. Music by The Vistas, $5 cover, 21+. Come out and give Erica & Starcia a proper send off!
- Wild Wild West Costume Party at Water Dog Taver, 9 p.m. Facebook event page.
- Black Light Bacardi Party with DJ VJ at Trackside Station, 9 p.m., 21+.
- DJ at Time Out Pub upstairs. 21+, no cover. Downstairs Time Out Pub has karaoke. Both kick off around 9 p.m.
- Myrtle st has live music starting at 9pm. 21+ $3. Matt & The Barn Burners! Rock n roll music.
- Alex & Shayna rock/pop acoustic stylings at CUZZY’S Restaurant & tavern on Saturday from 10-midnight!
Sunday Aug. 17
- Monty Python Live (Mostly) at The Strand in Rockland. 5:30 p.m. Looks hilarious! The Strand does such a great job. I just saw Begin Again which is playing there through this week and thought it was pretty cute. I laughed, I cried, a danced along to the music, it was good. I’m looking forward to Boyhood which opens at the Strand soon. It’s the movie that follows the actors through something like 12 years so you get to see the characters grow up throughout the movie. Should be awesome!
- FOG Bar & Cafe hosts Drink & Draw!
- $4 Mimosas & Bloody Marys at Trackside.
- Pearl Restaurant on the Pier in Rockland does $3 Bloodys & Mimosas and generally has music in the afternoon.