It’s August already. If there are things on your Summer To Do List that you still haven’t done, it’s time to get it done!
Monday Aug. 4
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery at 7 p.m. & Mug Night.
- Open Mic at the FOG – 8 p.m.
- Monday Night Blues at Time Out Pub Brandon Santini ($10)
- $3 Margaritas at Trackside.
- Commedia dell ‘Arte (Comic, almost improv theatre) at 3:30 p.m. in Memorial Park, across from Rockport Public Library. Free. These are fun.
- Jud Caswell plays folk music at the Seagull Restaurant by the Pemaquid Lighthouse, New Harbor, 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
Tuesday Aug. 5
- Open Mic at Rock Harbor starts around 8 or 9.
- Open Mic Night at Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- The Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro has Rusty Hinges playing live folk music every Tuesday starting at 7 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday at 3Crow! Best darn $2 tacos and discounts on mezcal & tequila drinks.
Wednesday Aug. 6
- Pier Party at Schooner Landing (Damariscotta) every Wednesday from 4-7 p.m., featuring local favorites Elliot Mellyn and Jones. It’s under the Schooner Dockside Tent so it’s rain or shine. Awesome.
- “Monty Python LIVE (Mostly),” 7 p.m., Lincoln Theater in Damariscotta and Strand Theatre in Rockland. The comedic troupe’s first stage show in over 30 years is screened in HD. It will be shown again at the Lincoln, Thurs., Aug. 14, at 7 p.m., and at the Strand, Sun., Aug. 17, at 5:30 p.m.
- Chicks With Sticks play live music at Camden Library Park. Free Concert. 12-2pm.
- Camden Farmer’s Market, Wed., 3:30-6 p.m., upper parking lot behind Knox Mill.
- Hump Day Open Mic in Rockland, Wed., 7-10 p.m., Lincoln Street Center, 24 Lincoln St. Sign-up 6:30 p.m. No cover. Bring your dancing shoes! Beer, wine, snacks. FMI Ron Hawkes 975-2311.Through Dec. 31. They say they’ve had good turn outs, lots of talent, and now they’ve got the stage! Get down there and check it out!!
- At 8 p.m. A documentary about Andre the Seal and Harry Goodridge is scheduled to be aired on PBS will be screened at Camden Opera House. Doors will open 7 p.m. for the free event. Info (if you can read Village Soup articles…)
- Visit the Farnsworth Art Museum for Free on Wednesdays from 5-8 p.m.!
- Smokestack has Locals Day! $1 PBRs and $2 off sandwiches & burgers.
- Karaoke at Cuzzys! Starts around 9 p.m. and is their most popular night.
- Oyster River Winegrowers hosts wine/pizza night with The Uproot Pie Co. Live Music. Ice Cream by Stone Fox Creamery (delicious!) Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday June – October 5-8pm at Oyster River Winegrowers in Warren.
Thursday Aug. 7
- MYRTLE ST TAVERN HOSTS HYMN FOR HER. GO THERE. SRSLY. 9:30 P.M. Country/punk/bluegrass… just go. It’s going to rock. I saw them when they played at Billy’s last summer. was totes rad. Cover Charge $5.
- Open Mic at The Highlands Coffee House, Thurs., 6-9 p.m., 189 Main St., Thomaston. Sign-up at 6 p.m.
- Rockland Farmers’ Market, Thurs., 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Harbor Park
- Schooner Landing Restaurant and Marina Pier Party Thursday August 7th with special guest Juke Joint Devil Tommy O’Connell!!! 4-7pm. No Cover . Rain or shine. Damariscotta Maine.
- Celtic Band Jam, Thurs., Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Cinnamon plays live music at MINE OYSTER in Boothbay.
- Alice Limoges will return to the Camden Amphitheatre with her band to perform for the Summer Concert Series on Thursday evening, August 7, at 7:00 pm. More info
- Belfast Summer Nights Concert, 5:30 p.m. The Rugged puts on a free show at the corner of High and Main streets downtown.
- Alex & Shayna play fun pop-rock cover songs at the Slipway, 6-8 p.m.
Friday Aug. 8
- DJ at Time Out Pub in Rockland, upstairs starts at 9 p.m. No cover, 21+.
- Open Mic downstairs at Time Out Pub. Downstairs has pool tables, live music, good crowd. And I’m not biased in any way, but this is probably my favorite open mic in Rockland just because they do good covers andit’s a fun, lively atmosphere, but not too crowded.
- It’s Karaoke night at Myrtle St. Tavern starting at 9 p.m.! And you can bring your drink outside and enjoy the outdoor oasis.
- Indie-folk trio Pandafan plays live music 7-9 p.m. at Rock City Cafe. Free, tips encouraged. FB Event.
- Live blues/folk music with singer/songwriter Chris Hight at Narrows Tavern, Waldoboro. Facebook Event Page.
- Free Pole Dancing Classes, Fri., 5:30 p.m., Studio V, 407 Main St., Rockland. Through August. FMI: 941-718-0847.
- “GAZEBONES” TROMBONE CONCERT AUGUST 8 1:30 Camden Library Ampitheatre. I list this mostly for their name.
- $2 Pistol plays rad cover songs at Trackside Station, classic rock to current hits, 9 p.m., 21+, $3.
- HAWAIIAN PARTY THIS FRIDAY NIGHT at Smokestack! DJ starts at 9:30. Ah, summertime. Coconut Bra. Leis. Bonus points for those who dress as tourists with Hawian shirts. No, that’s not what smokestack said. I’m saying that. What, my bonus points are good enough? Whatever.
- Friday, August 8, 6:00 pm — Shakespeare, As You Like It. Tickets: camdenshakespeare.org or at the Library “day of” only.
- All That Jazz performs live — you guessed it — jazz music at Elm Street Grille (at Cedar Crest Inn) in Camden, 6-8 p.m.
- The Speakeasy hosts Johnson & Clancy 8-11 p.m.
- Alex & Shayna play fun pop-rock cover songs at The Pearl, 8:30 -11 p.m.
- Maine Boats, Homes & Harbors Show! Facebook Event Page. www.maineboats.com And they’ve got a $2 discount for your tickets here. Boy, do I love bargains 🙂
Saturday Aug. 9
- Andre Lascoutx @ The Speakeasy, 9 p.m. wampy blues & country, to R&B & rock ‘n roll! Event info.
- POP-UP ART SHOW 2014, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. at Hearstudios, 4 Union St, Camden, Maine 04843. Event Page.
- Farm or Die Festival in Newcastle. Nukulele, DJ SwaPz, Newcastle band and more
- Adam Ezra Group – Free Concert at Savage Oakes Vineyard and Winery for their free summer concert series. These guys won “Song of the Year” at the New England Music Awards. Music begins at 2 p.m.
- Free Butcher Demos, Saturdays, 3 p.m., Maine Street Meats (in the State of Maine Cheese building), 461 Commercial St., Rockport. FMI: 236-6328.
- Camden Farmer’s Market, Sat., 9 a.m.-noon, upper parking lot behind Knox Mill.
- Olde Bristol Days, Sat. & Sun., Aug. 9 & 10. With live music on Saturday and artists, crafters and other vendors under the canopy at Fort William Henry both days. While you’re there, wander through Colonial Pemaquid’s 17th-century encampment with demos of equipment, crafts, cooking, children’s games and more. FMI: 677-2100. This year, there’s a Vintage Car Show on Sat., Aug. 9, at Bristol Consolidated School, Route 130, New Harbor, from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. FMI: 677-3707.
- Ben Taylor Performance, 7:30 p.m., The Opera House at Boothbay Harbor. The son of James Taylor and Carly Simon performs. $15 adv. tickets: BoothbayOperaHouse.com, 633-5159 or box office 8-2 Tues.-Fri. $20 day of.
- Alice Limogs Rock City Café, Rockland, at 7 p.m. Event Page.
- The Adam Ezra Group Plays the Vineyard, Sat., Aug. 9, 1:30 p.m. The 2013 New England Music Awards “Band of the Year” plays a free concert at Savage Oakes Vineyard & Winery, 171 Barrett Hill Road, Union.
- New York Jazz Singer Nora Cavin, Sat., Aug.9, 7-9 p.m., Sail, Power & Steam Museum, Rockland. Cavin appears with By the Bay Jazz Trio, singing little-known works by Ellington, the Gershwins and Fats Waller. Free and open to all.
- Classic Rock Dance, Sat., Aug. 9, 7-10 p.m., Lincoln Street Center, 24 Lincoln St., Rockland. Duane Nickerson plays. Cash bar, snack bar, 50/50 raffle. $10.
- Alex & Shayna play fun pop-rock cover songs at Cuzzy’s, 9:30-11 p.m.
- Main Street Art Market and Wellness Day Festival in downtown Belfast. Art, wellness demos, food, children’s activities and live music will start at 9 am. This event is free to the public and donations are encouraged.LIVE MUSIC SCHEDULE9AM – JOEL WATSON OF 220’S10AM – ROYAL BONES11AM – DAVID SCOTT NORTON1130 AM – UNCLE SPUD1215 PM – THOSE KINDA PEOPLE1 PM – MERTHER3 PM – ERIC GREEN
- Primo Cubano at Water Dog Taver, 9 p.m., $5. Facebook event page.
- Main Street Art Market and Wellness Festival at The Health and Wellness Building, 39 Main Street. Art for sale, food vendors, live music, etc. Event info. Music will include: Eric Green (blues) at 3 pm, Uncle Spudd, David Scott Norton, Merther (funk), The Royal Bones, Those Kinda People. Free and open to public
- Devon Colella and Shanna Underwood 7-10 p.m. at Samoset Restaurant
- Barnaby Bright to Perform, Sat., Aug. 9, 7:30 p.m., Camden Opera House. The indie folk duo is joined by singer-songwriter Liz Longley. Camden poet Dave Morrison will read between acts. $16 general admission tickets: CamdenOperaHouse.com, Camden Town Office from Mon.-Fri., 9-3, or door Event page.
- “Appearing As Words,” Sat., Aug. 9, 7 p.m., The Steel House, 711 Main St., Rockland. Audience members are invited to bring their mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, iPads) to this interactive and experimental poetry performance. Refreshments. RSVP: nate@RocklandSteelHouse.com.
- DJ VJ at Trackside 9 p.m., 21+
- Woooohoooo! Waffle Eating Contest! It’s in Boothbay 1-3 p.m. It’s for a good cause. But I’d eat a pile of pancakes for no particular reason anyway! The fastest waffle eater wins $200 cash!!! Contest info.
- Live Jazz w/ John Nowak Trio at Narrows Tavern as part of Art Gallery Night Waldoboro, where several galleries are open 5-7pm.
- Pearl Restaurant has Wicked Blues Band Playing.
- DJ at Time Out Pub upstairs. 21+, no cover. Downstairs Time Out Pub has karaoke. Both kick off around 9 p.m.
- Mustang Round Up and Pig roast this Saturday 1pm to 1am at Front Street Pub in Belfast. “Party Like it’s 1989.” This is worrying because I was born in ’89. DJ music
- Owls Head Transportation Museum has the Wings & Wheels Spectacular going on Aug. 9 and 10.
27. Myrtle st has The 220s! 9pm. 21+ $3. Sweet rock music.
Sunday Aug. 10
- FOG Bar & Cafe hosts a Lunar Party” at Lulu’s Ice Cream & Gelato Starting at Dusk on Sunday 8/10 with the spacial sounds of local musicians Quantum – the sound should be amazing! Lulu’s will have adult milkshakes & drink specials from FOG will be available! Join us !
- $4 Mimosas & Bloody Marys at Trackside.
- Sunday Night Salsa, Sundays, 7-8:30 p.m., Studio RED, 143 Rankin St., Rockland. Casual instruction by Nohora Estes and Heuris Matos. Beginners welcome. FMI: 593-7914.
- Devon Colella and Shanna Underwood 7-10 p.m. at Samoset Restaurant
- Friday, August 8, 6:00 pm — Shakespeare, As You Like It. Tickets: camdenshakespeare.org or at the Library “day of” only
- Pearl Restaurant on the Pier in Rockland does $3 Bloodys & Mimosas and generally has music in the afternoon.
- Stephan B. Jones at Schooner Landing on the Deck 4-7 w/Scotty Elliot, Dickie Doo, and Paul Mellyn
- New! Three Tides & Marshall Wharf Brewing Company is celebrating their eleven year anniversary, Sunday 6-9 p.m. with music by Old Grey Goose. They’ve got great craft beers, bocce ball court, outdoor dining. Get your booty over to Belfast and join the fun!