Sorry for the delay — Blues Fest got me all outa whack this week!
Tuesday, July 15
- Open Mic Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery starts at 8:30 p.m. There’s a lively crowd, lots of musicians, and craft beer.
- Open Mic Night at Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Super Bargain Tuesdays at Flagship Cinemas Matinee Prices for any show all day today.
- The Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro has Rusty Hinges playing live folk music every Tuesday starting at 7 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday at 3Crow! Best darn $2 tacos and discounts of mezcal & tequila drinks.
Wednesday, July 16
- Movie tickets to shows at The Colonial in Belfast on Wednesdays are at matinee price!
- Smokestack‘s drink special of the day: $4 well drinks.
- Hump Day Open Mic at the Lincoln Street Center in Rockland every Wednesday from 7-10 p.m. through the summer months. Performers of music, poetry, storytelling, comedians and anything else ya got. Sign Up starts at 6:30 p.m. Food, deserts, coffee/tea, beer, wine and more.
- Visit the Farnsworth Art Museum for Free on Wednesdays from 5-8 p.m.!
- Business After Hours in Damariscotta. Sheepscot Harbour Village & Resort and Water’s Edge Banquet & Function Facility 5-7 p.m.
- Allie and Matt Prindiville play music at Pizza Night at Oyster River Winegrowers, 5-8 p.m. Pizza by Uproot Pie Co. Event info.
- The Wednesday in the Park series hosts Just Teachers from 5-7 p.m. Pop/ classic rock cover songs. They’ll be INSIDE at library 5-6pm because of the rain.
- Harvest Moon PizzaWaldoboro has music tonight – Mike Collins plays Delta Blues/folk fusion starts at 7 p.m. Live music from Bee’s Wing, and Wayne playing Hawaiian-style Guitar. They’ll be staying dry in the barn so come on out.
- Water Dog Tavern does $1 off wine all day on Wednesdays. I still haven’t made it out there to try them out, but I hear good things.
- Eric Green at Bowen’s tavern, 6 p.m., no cover.
- Wine Down Wednesday at Trackside means wine discounts.
Thursday, July 17
- Rockland Farmers’ Market starts Thursday from 9-12:30.
- Pier Party at Schooner Landing Restaurant and Marina, Damariscotta Maine 4-7pm. Tony Margaronis will be playing with Eric Green (did you see him rockin’ the Myrtle during bluesfest weekend? No cover. Rain or shine.
- Belfast Summer Nights outdoor summer music series, downtown Belfast (High St & Main St) every Thursday evening from 5:30 to 7:30pm. Free/donations. Bring your folding chairs and dancing shoes!! 5:30-7:30 p.m. More info.
- Celtic Band Jam on Thursdays at Bell the Cat in Belfast.
- Smokestack has Locals Day! $1 PBRs and $2 off sandwiches & burgers.
- “WHOOPY KAT” at Myrtle, 9 p.m., 21+, $3.
- Karaoke at Cuzzys! Starts around 9 p.m. and is their most popular night.
- Open Mic at Highlands in Thomaston from 6:30-9:30 p.m. (Sign up at 6 p.m.) Get there early to sign up and to get seats. There is lots of talent at this popular open mic!
- The Slipway restaurant in Thomaston has live music outside on Thursdays.
- A Night For Jim Buckley 7 p.m. at Camden Opera House. Event info. Come see local performers – dance and music and support “Jim’s Beat it Cancer Fund.” Cost $15 at door.
- Midcoast Music Fest has Jason Spooner Band 6:30 – 9:30 at Round Top Farm in Damariscotta. Maine food beer and music. Doesn’t get better.
Friday, July 18
- Whitehall Inn Patio Set with Colin Nelson. Colin plays acoustic covers 6-9 p.m. Bargains going on: *$2 Beer, *$4 Sangria, *$6 Bloody Mary’s & Margaritas, and 1/2 price appetizers from 6-8:30 p.m. Rad!
- Singer/Songwriter Chris Hight plays live music at Narrows Tavern at 8 p.m.
- Bell the Cat, Poetry Jam. Bell The Cat also offers food, cookies, pastries, coffee/tea, beer and wine, free wifi, and cold stone ice cream.
- Wine & Beer tasting at Rockland Food Depot, 4-6 p.m. You can see their product list online to check if they have a specific beer you’re looking for. I was hoping to find Allagash Avance, but alas, no. But with this website it can alert me when someone does carry my fave craft beer locally. Neat. Check it out: beermenus.com.
- Myrtle has Karaoke, 9 p.m. on. 21+, no cover.
- TOP has a DJ, 21+, no cover.
- Trackside Back in Time Night with DJ VJ, 9 p.m. on, 21+, no cover.
- B. Singer plays 7-9 p.m. at Rock City Coffee Cafe.
- Schooner Landing Restaurant and Marina (Damariscotta) has live music by Innervisions, 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. And it’s Free Oyster Friday. Yup, that’s a thing.
- Maine Celtic Celebration in Belfast has music on the Main Stage on the Common starting at 6 p.m.
- Johnson & Clancy play on Patio at Speakeasy 6-7:30 p.m. and then in Speakeasy 8-11 p.m.
- New! Golden Oak Live at the Landings! Event info. 9 p.m. Old timey folk. Definitely worth checking out!!
Saturday, July 19
- The Sin play at Schooner Landing (Damariscotta).
- American folk performer David Mallett is performing in Damariscotta for Midcoast Music Fest! He’ll play 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. in Darrows Barn, DRA Round Top Farm. Get your tickets in advance it always sells out!! It’s a fabulous venue and great Maine food and beer awaits. You’ll have a great time. Take me with you. Seriously, let’s go!
- Wicked-Blues Band at Oysterhead Lounge at Newcastle Publick House, 8pm
- Whiskey Throttle at Bowen’s Tavern 1-4 p.m. No cover
- Camden Opera House is celebrating their 120th birthday. Free music and cake at 1:30 p.m. on the village green… Family Comedy Show Fred Garbo & His Inflatables and Opera House 120th Birthday free cake after the show at Camden Opera House 7 p.m., $12.
- 50th Annual Antique Auto Days: Rails, Tails and Ales in Boothbay on Featuring Funky Bow Brewery & Beer Company, Allagash Brewing Co., Penobscot Bay Brewery, and Boothbay Craft Brewery. Event is Sat & Sun 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. , beer fest is Saturday noon-4 p.m. The Crown Vics play Saturday night $10. More info railwayvillage.org.
- Maine Celtic Celebration in Belfast music starts at 10 a.m. and does all day. Fireworks at 9:20 p.m.
- Harbor Arts Juried Arts & Crafts Show Saturday and Sunday 9am-5 p.m.
- Anais Mitchell and Jefferson Hamer with Heather Maloney and Sara Hallie Richardson at Strand Theatre. Tickets $20. Balcony bar available for 21+.
- Max Ater Trio (Maine’s Got Talent Winner) 8 p.m. at Waterdog Tavern. Free.
- Trackside has a Svedka promo with DJ VJ, 9 p.m., 21+, no cover.
- Cuzzy’s Karaoke night! Starts at 9 p.m.
- 2nd Annual Locavore Food, Music & Arts Festival, More info. 10:30 – 9 p.m. at Cider Hill Farm, Waldoboro. Tickets are $15 at gate.
- The Ale House String Band (Chamber Folk)
- Cayden’s Call (Blues/Rock)
- Nukulele (Jam/Jazz/Ska)
- Robby Simpson (Folk/Rock)
- Work Trucks (Americana)
- Between Dead Stations (Psychedelic Blues)
- Trisha Mason’s Music Page Band (Rock)
- The Ghost of Paul Revere (Holler Folk) –Great harmonies, awesome folk rhythms, they do a great show. New album is fantastic. Come check these guys out!
Sunday, July 20
- The Pearl often has live music during brunch and $3 Mimosas & Bloody Marys
- Maine Celtic Celebration in Belfast music starts at 10 a.m., last band starts at 3 p.m.
- Schooner Landing Pier Party (Damariscotta) from 4-7 p.m. with Rasta Billies
- Moscungus Bay Lobster, Round Pond has live music Sundays 1-4pm
- Coveside Restaurant in South Bristol does Sunday Deck Parties 2-5 pm. Pardon Me Doug is playing.
- Coveside Restaurant and Marina has .. at 2 p.m.
- The FOG Bar and Café has Drink and Draw starting at 7 p.m. They supply art materials and there is a different theme each week. You also get to enjoy happy hour all night during the event. $2 off all drafts. So, another chance for craft beers! Also food specials on bar menu and $6 select cocktails like a Blackberry Cosmo (delish!)
- Free Summer Concert Series at Savage Oakes Winery in Union starts at 2pm. Music by Dave Keller Band. Facebook event page.
Monday, July 21
Yo, check this out! Esports, or electronic sports, or Live Action Massive Multiplayer Video Competition, or as they’re more commonly known, nerdy computer games are coming to Trackside Station!! It’s the international competition – something like the Superbowl of the videogame world. 10 teams from across the globe compete for 10 million dollars. DotA players face off, mano a mano and fight to the death. Join fans at the Trackside on Monday July 21 to watch the games unfold. The drama, the excitement, the amount of soda & energy drinks consumed by competitors! I kind of want to see this just because I can’t imagine what it will be like. Teams are playing in semifinal qualifying matches each day leading up to the competition. Check it out here. So intrigued. Games start at noon on the big projector.