Holy Smokes. Way too much happening this week. Let’s all rest up so we are ready to rock n roll this weekend.
Monday July 7
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery at 7 p.m. & Mug Night. Come around 6 p.m. to get a seat at the bar, it fills up. Bring a few friends to play on your team. Grab dinner and drinks while you play. Top three teams will get different percents off your bill. Way more fun than watching jeopardy at home.
- Trackside Station has $3 margaritas with your name on ’em.
- Open Mic at The FOG Bar & Cafe. Starts at 8 p.m. Enjoy Happy Hour all night. $2 off all drafts, bar menu has specials, and $6 select cocktails like a Blackberry Cosmo (delish!). More relaxed atmosphere of the Open Mics ’round these parts.
- Jud Caswell to play Live Music (he does lovely folk) 5:30pm – 8:30pm at Seagull Restaurant/Shop at Pemaquid Lighthouse.
- Monday Night Blues at the Time Out Pub brings us Jason Elmore Band ($10), 7-10 p.m.
- Movie in the Park starts at 8:30 Arsenic and Old Lace (1944) 118 min. Camden Public Library. More info.
- Mike Michaud Rally at the Lincoln Theater, Damariscotta, 5-7 p.m. Music, food and speeches.
Tuesday, July 8
- Open Mic Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery starts at 8:30 p.m. There’s a lively crowd, lots of musicians, and craft beer.
- Open Mic Night at Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Super Bargain Tuesdays at Flagship Cinemas Matinee Prices for any show all day today.
- The Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro has Rusty Hinges playing live folk music every Tuesday starting at 7 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday at 3Crow! Best darn $2 tacos and discounts of mezcal & tequila drinks.
- Brendan Lake and the Work Trucks play at Shaw’s Wharf in New Harbor 5-8 p.m. Awesome! Go get some beah and lobstah and sit in the sun with that great view of the water. Ya. That’s what summertime in Maine is all about.
Wednesday, July 9
- The Wednesday in the Park series at Camden Public Library, 12-2 p.m. Martin Gibson will be playgin guitar and singing.
- Uproot Pie Co. will be at Dandelion Spring Farm from 4-7 stop by for pizza and for beer from Oxbow Brewing Company!
- Pier Party at Schooner Landing (Damariscotta) every Wednesday from 4-7 p.m., featuring local favorites Elliot Mellyn and Jones. It’s under the Schooner Dockside Tent so it’s rain or shine.
- Movie tickets to shows at The Colonial in Belfast on Wednesdays are at matinee price!
- Smokestack‘s drink special of the day: $4 well drinks.
- Musician Rob Duquette plays ukulele xylophone and more at Belfast Library 7 p.m.
- Hump Day Open Mic at the Lincoln Street Center in Rockland every Wednesday from 7-10 p.m. through the summer months. Performers of music, poetry, storytelling, comedians and anything else ya got. Sign Up starts at 6:30 p.m. Food, deserts, coffee/tea, beer, wine and more.
- Visit the Farnsworth Art Museum for Free on Wednesdays from 5-8 p.m.!
- Penobscot Bay Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m. Info.
- (Beer) Dinner: Urban Farm Fermentory at 3Crow 7-9 p.m. $57 per head (includes tax & gratuity), limited seats available, call 593-0812 or stop in to purchase tickets. Info.
- Waterdog Tavern has Wino Wednesday – $1 off Wine all day long!
- Eric Green is playing at Bowen’s Tavern at 7 pm, no cover.
Meteora plays original songs & folk ballards at The Music on the Mall in Downtown Brunswick from 6 – 8 p.m. www.brunswickdowntown.org.
Thursday, July 10
- The 220s rocking out at the Speakeasy to get us ready for Blues Fest, starts at 8 p.m.
- Pier Party at Schooner Landing Restaurant and Marina, Damariscotta Maine 4-7pm.
- Belfast Summer Nights Concert hosts Algorithm plus Tom Luther Quintet- Steamboat Landing 5:30-7:30 p.m., free. More info.
- Rockland Farmers’ Market starts Thursday from 9-12:30.
- Celtic Band Jam on Thursdays at Bell the Cat in Belfast.
- Smokestack has Locals Day! $1 PBRs and $2 off sandwiches & burgers.
- Karaoke at Cuzzys! Starts around 9 p.m. and is their most popular night.
- Open Mic at Highlands in Thomaston from 6:30-9:30 p.m. (Sign up at 6 p.m.) Get there early to sign up and to get seats. There is lots of talent at this popular open mic!
- Shepherd’s Pie does Happy Hour on Thursday nights 8-9 p.m. Enjoy $3 draft beer & house wine, $2 off cocktails on their drink list. $10 beer battered Fish n Chips. What a deal. You can get more info about Happy Hour info in the area on the Happy Hour page.
- The Slipway restaurant in Thomaston has live music outside on Thursdays.
- Moxie Day at Moody’s Diner Gift Shop – Moxie Mobile, free samples, official Moxie memorabilia, etc.
- Brad Hooper at Waterworks.
- Live music at 6:30 at Oyster Head Lounge at Newcastle Publick House.
Friday, July 11
Kick off for the Blues Fest:
- Time Out Pub (Upstairs) Brave New Blues
- Tim Out Pub (Downstairs) Open blues jam with Poke Chop
- Myrtle Street Tavern, Eric Green
- Trackside Station, Pat Pepin, no cover, 21+, starts at 9 p.m.
- Rock City Cafe, Blind Albert Blues Band, 7-9 p.m.
- FOG Bar & Cafe, Wicked Blues Band, 8:30 p.m.
- Rock Harbor Restaurant & Pub, The Blue Steel Duo, 9 p.m.
- Waterworks Restaurant & Pub, The Juke Rockets
Live music at Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro by folk trio, Meteora. Music starts at 8 p.m.
Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery has a Curious Traveler Promo going on so the promo girls will be around giving away stuff, t-shirts and thangs. Who doesn’t love freebies! And Curious Traveler will be on special.
Free Summer Wine Series in Belfast at Vinolio. Each Friday, between 1-3pm, through August 15th, they’ll do free samples.
Schooner Landing (Damariscotta) has South St. Band. And Free Oyster Friday. Yup, that’s a thing.
Coveside Restaurant in South Bristol has live music by Holy Mackerals.
Saturday, July 12
Blues Festival Jarekus Singleton, Teeny Tucker, Joanna Connor, Mr. Sipp, and many, many more take the stage at Rockland’s Harbor Park for this two day music fest. Advance Tix $25 per day. Day of: $35. Music from 11am- 7pm.
Blues Fest Pub Crawl!!! Starts at 9 p.m. Main Street is closed to traffic and there are bands playing along the downtown area as well as in various venues throughout town. Anyone 21+ who is wearing their wristband from the festival are allowed admission to the clubs and restaurants to see the blues performers. The rest of us will have to pay some cover fees at most venues. Here’s the lineup:
- Main St. by Key Bank & Strand – Bonnie Edwards & the Practical Cats
- Main St. by Museum Matt & the Barnburners
- Main St. by Limerock Juke Rockets
- Main St. by Rockland Cafe, The Blame Hounds
- Main St. by Ferry Terminal, Sideways Highway
- Trade Winds Upstairs/ Chowder House, DW Gill & the Blues Prophets
- Trade Winds Downstairs/ The Speakeasy, Erin Harpe & the Delta Swingers
- The Pearl, The Sensations
- Landings Restaurant, Family Banned
- Waterworks, Blind Albert Blues Band
- Time Out Pub (upstairs), Brave New Blues
- Time Out Pub (downstairs), Open blues jam with Poke Chop
- Myrtle Street Tavern, Eric Green
- Trackside Station, Pat Pepin, 21+, no cover, starts at 9pm
- FOG Bar & Cafe, Downeast Soul Coalition
- Rock Harbor Restaurant & Pub, The Blue Steel Duo
- Waterworks Restaurant & Pub, Blind Albert Blues Band
Summer in the Park free music series at L.L. Bean, Freeport. Shows are at 7:30 p.m. Tip: Bring a chair or blanket to sit on. This week’s band is folk singer/songwriter Josh Ritter and The Royal City Band. More info at llbean.com.
1st Annual St George River Tubing Event starts at 12:30 p.m. Grab an inner tube and get ready to float. I suggest also bringing a spare inner tube to float a cooler full of beers along next to you, but that’s just me. This sounds awesome. There are already over 200 participants on the facebook event page, so it’s going to be insane. And it’s free!! Have fun!
Dinner & Jazz with John Nowak at Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro. And cocktails too. Also the art galleries will be open late. Info. Music is from 8-10 p.m.
Ribbon Cutting at Sweet Pea’s Family Consignment new location at 229 Park Street in Rockland across the street from Dominos starts at noon. Free pizza, a bounce house and super heros for photo ops with the kids, a guy makin’ balloon animals, games, raffles & prizes. FMI: 207-542-5685 or Lilsweetpeasboutique@aol.com.
Holy Mackerals play at Schooner Landing (Damariscotta).
Full Moon Celebration! Hosted by The Dancing Elephant. Event takes place at Sandy Beach Park in Rockland, 7-9 p.m. Free. They’re will d0 yoga and Qi Gong, tea and full moon snacks compliments of Suzukis, and write haikus. Hope they aren’t expecting peace and quiet because the Blues Fest will be going wild just a ways down the road.
The Maine Event – Roller Derby girls are at it again. They roll at MRC in Rockport, doors at 4 p.m. Tickets: $10 in advance, $12 at door. If you’ve never been I highly recommend checking this out. The games are cool to watch and the half time shows are always wicked cool.
FREE MUSIC at the Blue Hill Park, 5pm-9pm with music by MERTHER and JIM DANDY!
Coveside Restaurant in South Bristol has live music by People From Earth.
Sunday, July 13
Blues Festival day 2 (assuming people aren’t too hung over..) Advance Tix $25 per day. Day of: $35. Music from 11am- 6pm.
BLUES BRUNCH starting 9 a.m.
- Time Out Pub, Pat Pepin.
- The Chowder House at Trade Winds Motor Inn (upstairs), Eric Green
- Rock City Coffee Cafe has Blue Gene playing blues 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
Evening Blues, starting 8 p.m.
- Time Out Pub (upstairs) All Star Jam hosted by Brian McClean
- The Speak Easy at Trade Winds Motor Inn (downstairs) All Star Jam hosted by The Blame Hounds
The Pearl has 2 Birds and 1 Stone playing live starting at 7 PM and $3 Mimosas & Bloody Marys
The FOG Bar and Café has Drink and Draw starting at 7 p.m. They supply art materials and there is a different theme each week. You also get to enjoy happy hour all night during the event. $2 off all drafts. So, another chance for craft beers! Also food specials on bar menu and $6 select cocktails like a Blackberry Cosmo (delish!)
The Substitutes at Mine Oyster, starts at 9 p.m. event info. No cover, all ages. food & drink available.
Did you know — Every Sunday you could be on a BOOZE CRUISE!? Reggae Cruise with The Dani Tribesman Band aboard the Harbor Princess 6pm-9pm. $30 per ticket. Gotta get tix in advance. FMI and to get tix go here.
Cinnammon plays the at Schooner Landing Pier Party (Damariscotta) from 4-7 p.m.
Moscungus Bay Lobster, Round Pond has live music Sundays 1-4pm
Coveside Restaurant in South Bristol does Sunday Deck Parties 2-5 pm. Pardon Me Doug is playing.
July Shipyard Party @ Cappy’s! Happy Hr discounts. Free food (like a lot of yummy pub fare) and Shipyard swag being given away! 4-6 p.m. I will probably be there.
Coveside Restaurant and Marina has Pardon Me, Doug (Phish tribute b and) at 2 p.m.
A Night For Jim Buckley – Thursday July 17 at 7 p.m. at Camden Opera House. Enjoy singing by Annie Laurita, Mostly Brothers, instrumental performance by the Gordon Trio, dancing by Studio Red dancers and more. All proceeds go to Jim’s Beat It Cancer Fund. $15 admission at the door. Come out for some fun and enjoy the arts while you support a good cause!