Check this out, Radio 207. Pretty sweet. Listen live online.
Monday June 30
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery at 7 p.m. & Mug Night. Come around 6 p.m. to get a seat at the bar, it fills up. Bring a few friends to play on your team. Grab dinner and drinks while you play. Top three teams will get different percents off your bill. Way more fun than watching jeopardy at home.
- Trackside Station has $3 margaritas with your name on ’em.
- Open Mic at The FOG Bar & Cafe. Starts at 8 p.m. Enjoy Happy Hour all night. $2 off all drafts, bar menu has specials, and $6 select cocktails like a Blackberry Cosmo (delish!). More relaxed atmosphere of the Open Mics ’round these parts.
- Jud Caswell to play Live Music (he does lovely folk) 5:30pm – 8:30pm at Seagull Restaurant/Shop at Pemaquid Lighthouse.
- Featured Happy Hour – Did you know Cappy’s in Camden often has free popcorn & chicken wings during happy hour?
Tuesday, July 1
- Open Mic Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery starts at 8:30 p.m. There’s a lively crowd, lots of musicians, and craft beer.
- Open Mic Night at Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Super Bargain Tuesdays at Flagship Cinemas Matinee Prices for any show all day today.
- The Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro has Rusty Hinges playing live folk music every Tuesday starting at 7 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday at 3Crow! Best darn $2 tacos and discounts of mezcal & tequila drinks. They have such yummy drinks!! And Tacos. Alright, this is getting ridiculous. How have I still never been to this? Have you gone yet?? Let’s go!!
- Dave Packard AKA Paccman plays lives tunes at Mine Oyster Boothbay Harbor.
- World Cup Soccer continues. Yay sports! USA vs. Belgium at 4 p.m. and Trackside Station will have the game on the 150-inch screen in surround sound for your sportsing pleasure.
- Jake Irish at Bowen’s Tavern Belfast 7 p.m. no cover. $1 PBR 2-6 p.m.
Wednesday, July 2
- Closing Reception for Vinalhaven, Photographs by Tim Sullivan at Good Tern Co-Op 4-6 p.m. Great photography!
- Pier Party at Schooner Landing (Damariscotta) every Wednesday from 4-7 p.m., featuring local favorites Elliot Mellyn and Jones It’s under the Schooner Dockside Tent so it’s rain or shine.
- Movie tickets to shows at The Colonial in Belfast on Wednesdays are at matinee price!
- Smokestack‘s drink special of the day: $4 well drinks.
- Visit the Farnsworth Art Museum for Free on Wednesdays from 5-8 p.m.!
- Richard James and the Name Changers plays upbeat easy listening with piano and horns perfect for those who want to dance at Mine Oyster Boothbay Harbor.
- Go visit Oyster River Winegrowers for pizza night! They’ll have The Uproot Pie Co. pizza and Stone Fox Farm Creamery ice cream! 5:00 – 8:00 PM. Music by The Ale House String Band .
- Speakeasy has A/C pumping an a special — half off the “Summer in a Glass” Cocktail. Ok, I”m game. I like $4 cocktails 🙂
The Music on the Mall in Downtown Brunswick on Wednesday nights from 6 – 8 pm. Cilantro – Contemporary Classics; Earl Bigelow & Margo Frost. www.brunswickdowntown.org.
Thursday, July 3
- Thursday July 3rd Eric Green & Tommy O’Connell play at the Pier Party at Schooner Landing Restaurant and Marina, Damariscotta Maine!!! 4-7pm
- Jud Caswell plays folk music at King Eider’s PubDamariscotta, ME, 7 p.m.
- Fed Up starts playing at the Strand in Rockland. Documentary about how messed up the food industry is. Important topic!
- “Read, Write & Seafood” I’m listing this because I love the name of the event. Cute! but more importantly ’cause I like Michelle Ragussis! She’s the chef at the Pearl. Did you watch her on The Next Food Network Star? Marianna Cushing will be doing a book signing for her book Mahalas Lane and there will be a food tasting of Michele’s cooking. 3-6 p.m. at the Pearl.
- Belfast Summer Nights Concert hosts Bridget Matros and The Tom Luther Quintet, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Rockland Farmers’ Market starts Thursday from 9-12:30.
- Celtic Band Jam on Thursdays at Bell the Cat in Belfast.
- Smokestack has Locals Day! $1 PBRs and $2 off sandwiches & burgers.
- Karaoke at Cuzzys! Starts around 9 p.m. and is their most popular night.
- Open Mic at Highlands in Thomaston from 6:30-9:30 p.m. (Sign up at 6 p.m.) Get there early to sign up and to get seats. There is lots of talent at this popular open mic!
- Shepherd’s Pie does Happy Hour on Thursday nights 8-9 p.m. Enjoy $3 draft beer & house wine, $2 off cocktails on their drink list. $10 beer battered Fish n Chips. What a deal. You can get more info about Happy Hour info in the area on the Happy Hour page.
- Richard James and the Name Changers playing once more at Mine Oyster in Boothbay Harbor.
- Dave Gagne Band at McSeagull’s in Boothbay Harbor.
- Steve Vellani playing at Montsweag Roadhouse.
- Trackside Station in Rockland is celebrating on July 3rd with DJ VJ in da house starting at 9 p.m. and drink specials and Patriotic
- Alex & Shayna play their fun pop/rock covers at The Slipway in Thomaston from 6-8 p.m. Love the music, love the venue. Def recommend stopping by for this one. Let’s hope for no more run. Rained out.
- Live music – Stevie Jones @ Newcastle Publick House
- Open Mic at Schooner Landing
Friday, July 4
First Friday Art Walk in Rockland. Galleries in downtown Rockland are open to the public from 5-8 p.m. with refreshments so visitors can get a taste of the art on display and the wine and snacks.
I have to say — the best way to spend 4th of July in this area is watching the fireworks from aboard a boat. Lucky for us there are plenty of schooners and boats with firework tours.
- Camden Harbor Fireworks Sail on the Schooner Olad out of Camden Harbor, 7 – 9:15 p.m., $39, BYOB.
- Fireworks Cruise with Camden Harbor Cruises, 8:15-9:30. $35 Adults.
- Hardy Boat Fireworks tour out of New Harbor, 7:30 p.m., $25. Beer & Wine and healthy snacks available for purchase on board.
Raised By Wolves will be jammin’ out some blues music for ya at The Highlands Coffeehouse in Thomaston. Music starts at 7 p.m.
July4th Dance Party at The Speakeasy in Rockland with electronic beats provided by Qauntam and the Vistas. Music starts at 9 p.m.
Celebrate 4th of July with The 220s at Herringbones in Boothbay Harbor. Music starts at 9 p.m. 21+, No cover.
Thomaston does July 4th with food, music, craft tent, bouncy house, pet show, carnival rides, 5k, dunk tank, hourseshoe tournament, annnnnd a Hot Dog Eating contest at 12:30!!! Omg! I wanna see this! You gotta call ahead to register, they’re only taking 6 contestants: 207-691-2971. The band playing before the fireworks will be local rockers, Animal House, playing from 5-9 p.m.
Camden Rotary Club’s annual Fourth of July afternoon concert in Camden Harbor Park includes: Update! Because of the weather, no fireworks and the live music will be happening at the Rockport Opera House. Free admission. Refreshments available for purchase.
- 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm The Muellers – Maine’s best family bluegrass band
- 3:30 pm – 4:15 pm The Midcoast Community Band – Marches, Broadway, and popular tunes
- 5:00 pm – 6:15 pm Reina del Cid – A spirited folk rock group from Minneapolis
- 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm David Dodson and The Lowdown, featuring John and Rachel Nicolas.
- Followed by fireworks at 9 p.m. Fireworks canceled, most the rest still happenin’, check here for deets.
Great Lost Kitchen opens! They’re open Wednesday through Saturday for dinner this summer. Now accepting reservations. Call 207-382-3333.
Dave Gagne Band at McSeagull’s in Boothbay Harbor.
Summer in the Park free music series at L.L. Bean, Freeport. Shows are at 7:30 p.m. Tip: Bring a chair or blanket to sit on. This week’s band is Toad the Wet Sprocket. (I’m excited for this line up. Brett Dennen is coming in August. Cannot wait!) There will also be a 4th of July parade & festivities including fireworks after the concert. more info at llbean.com.
Steve DiVeto at Captain AV Nickles Inn
DJ at Time Out Pub in Rockland, upstairs starts at 9 p.m. No cover, 21+.
Open Mic downstairs at Time Out Pub. 21+, no cover.
It’s Karaoke night at Myrtle St. Tavern starting at 9 p.m.! And you can bring your drink outside and enjoy the outdoor oasis.
Contra dance at the American Legion Hall in Belfast. Lessons at 6:30, dance at 8 p.m. and runs until around 11 p.m. Cost $10 for adults. www.belfastflyingshoes.org.
Old Grey Goose @ Schooner Landing 4-7pm
If you’re in damariscotta, The Damariscotta River Grill has complimentary desert after dinner if you watch the fireworks there.
Anchor Inn restaurant has music by Blood Orange Martinis.
George Lovette Art Reception & Free Wine Tasting at Rising Tide in Damariscotta, 4-6 p.m.
Wine Tasting at Megunticook Market 4-6pm
Saturday, July 5
- Update: Fireworks in Thomaston Canceled, Camden also canceled. No reschedule for either. Searsport rescheduled for next weekend on the 12th.
- Bath Heritage Days lots of live music, fireworks too.
- Shannah Underwood at Enoteca Lounge (at the Samo). Event info here. She will play 5-7 p.m. July 5th-7th
- Come on out to The Myrtle Street Tavern and rock out with The Murder Weapon! They’ll bring the rockin’ psychobilly/punk music and it’ll be flippin’ sweet as always. Be prepared for rowdy rebel types celebrating because it’s a special occasion – the band is celebrating 10 flippin’ years of being a band!!! What do you get a band for it’s birthday? Drunk? Music starts at 9 p.m. 21+, $3 cover. Event info here.
- The Camden Farmers’ Market is from 9 a.m. to noon in the upper parking lot of old MBNA building (off Washington St).
- $2 Pistol are playing at The Speakeasy 9- midnight. These guys rock! Awesome classic rock covers and some hip new songs too! I love when they play Jake Bugg. Don’t forget to check out the $5 Saturday drink special. Go check out the Speakeasy’s snazzy new dance floor! Cost is $3, but no cover if you got dinner at The Chowder House or The Speakeasy.
- DJ at Time Out Pub upstairs. 21+, no cover. Downstairs Time Out Pub has karaoke. Both kick off around 9 p.m.
- Karaoke at Cuzzy’s in Camden on Saturdays is back! Fun starts around 9 p.m.
- Brinytide plays a mean fiddle at Rock City Cafe. Irish folk music starts at 7 p.m. Event is free. Tipping the musicians suggested. Food, coffee, beer & wine available for purchase.
- Sat 5th Motor Booty Affair at Mine Oyster Boothbay Harbor.
- Dave Gagne Band at McSeagull’s in Boothbay Harbor.
- Live music by Douglas Gimble and HDRnB soul/groove band aboard The Harbor Princess out of Boothbay Harbor. The cruise is 6pm-9pm. $30 per ticket. Gotta get tix in advance. Cash bar on the boat. What better way to enjoy summer!? I am a huge fan of a good booze cruise. Def good for the soul. FMI and to get tix go here.
- At Trackside Station DJ VJ gets the music goin’ for a Red, White & Blue Patriotic Party, 9 p.m. 21+, no cover.
- Alex & Shayna play their fun pop/rock covers at Cuzzy’s in Camden from 6:30-9.
- Pier Party at Schooner Landing (Damariscotta) from 4-7 p.m.
- Strand Theatre has comedian Bob Marley 7pm, $25, cash bar available for 21+. Info here.
- Blind Albert playing the red, white & BLUES at Narrows Tavern 8 p.m.
Sunday, July 6
- Jazz Jam at The Highlands Coffee House in Thomaston 1-3 p.m. Jazz musicians invited to join in.
- The FOG Bar and Café has Drink and Draw starting at 7 p.m. They supply art materials and there is a different theme each week. You also get to enjoy happy hour all night during the event. $2 off all drafts. So, another chance for craft beers! Also food specials on bar menu and $6 select cocktails like a Blackberry Cosmo (delish!)
- The Pearl has $3 Mimosas & Bloody Marys for Sunday Fundy. Go get some brunch! They do live music during brunch.
- Thunder Bay at Mine Oyster Boothbay Harbor.
- Did you know — Every Sunday you could be on a BOOZE CRUISE!? Reggae Cruise with The Dani Tribesman Band aboard the Harbor Princess 6pm-9pm. $30 per ticket. Gotta get tix in advance. FMI and to get tix go here.
- Holy Mackerals at Schooner Landing
- Moscungus Bay Lobster, Round Pond has live music Sundays 1-4pm
- Coveside Restaurant does Sunday Deck Parties 2-5 pm.
- The Flamingo Bar at Cafe Miranda’s hosts Max Wareham & The Morning Bugle playing bluegrass music for ya at 9:30 pm.
Thursday July 10, 7:30 p.m. Rockport Opera House has an Opening Night Gala to kick off their summer music series. Q: What do you get when highly-acclaimed performers including a opera singer, violinist and a harpist walk into the Rockport Opera House? A: Opening Night Gala! Cost: $60.
Tickets are on sale now for the Midcoast Music Fest, presented by the Damariscotta River Association. It’s at the Round Top Farm Barn in Damariscotta, which is a charming venue. Three different days of awesome music, amazing food, Maine beer and oysters! They’ve got The Jason Spooner Bamd, David Mallett, and The Mallett Brothers Band playing July 17, 19 & 24, respectively. Come to one day or all three. I had such a great time last year! They had delicious food off the grill and then after a few Maine craft beers everyone was loosened up and The Mallett Brothers rocked the house. By the end, every single folding chair was folded up and moved tot he side of the barn so we could all dance. So fun! I should really buy tickets. (They always sell out, I barely got a pair of tickets last year because I procrastinated, but thank goodness Mexicali Blues was giving away a pair and I lucked out!)
Rockland’s North Atlantic Blues Fest is July 11 & 12! Those of you who don’t care for blues, be prepared for crazy summer traffic, and no vacancy at any inn in a 10 mile radius. Those of you attending the fest, have a blast! Remember, if you get your tickets in advance, they are ten dollars cheaper than at the gate! (Surprisingly affordable tickets too, geez!) Those of you not attending the actual fest but want just a taste of the blues, you’re in luck. Local venues will have blues musicians all around town. Typically the first night before the fest has some musicians, definitely a quiet scene on the bar front tho, probably because all the blues nuts are resting up before the big event. But musicians arriving early have been known to hang out and jam together at various locations around town. Also, remember to go to the Pub Crawl!!! I expect to see all of you out there! Wear cute matching T-shirts with your pals! Be goofy, have fun! It’s summer time!! Full Pub Crawl Schedule is here.
Locavore Food, Music & Arts Festival is July 19th. Lots of Music. Ghost of Paul Revere is headlining. Advanced tickets $10.
Thanks for reading. You can also find my weekend listings on Pen Bay Pilot! Feel free to send me comments/feedback/events you’d like listed.