I thank you for checkin’ out my sweet blog. Or perhaps it’s my sour blog, being lemonade and all.. But it’s doens’t matter because it’s not for eating, it’s for you! All I ask that you please share it with your buds so more folks know about the rad happenings in town.
Clearly, I have no regard for copy right laws. So sue me. But not literally… please don’t really sue me!
Monday June 16
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery at 7 p.m. & Mug Night. No game this week. Apparently there is this thing going on I think it’s something like soccer or futball or something.. oh yeah, The World Cup! Go USA!
- Time Out Pub hosts their popular Monday Night Blues. Mikey Junior Band will be playing blues & roots starting at 7 p.m. Cost: $10.
- Trackside Station has $3 margaritas.
- Smokestack has $4 margaritas, $2 Tacos, $3 Coronas.
- Open Mic at The FOG Bar & Cafe. Starts at 8 p.m. Enjoy Happy Hour all night. $2 off all drafts, bar menu has specials, and $6 select cocktails like a Blackberry Cosmo. Nice relaxed, low key atmosphere.
- Jud Caswell plays folk music at the Seagull Restaurant by the Pemaquid Lighthouse, New Harbor, 5:30pm – 8:30pm.
Tuesday, June 17
- Open Mic Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery starts at 8:30 p.m. There’s a lively crowd, lots of musicians, and craft beer.
- Open Mic Night at Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Taco Tuesday at Rollie’s in Belfast means $1 tacos all day.
- Smokestack‘s drink special of the day: $4 Rum and Coke
- Super Bargain Tuesdays at Flagship Cinemas Matinee Prices for any show all day today.
- The Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro has Rusty Hinges playing live folk music every Tuesday starting at 7 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday at 3Crow! Best darn $2 tacos and discounts on mezcal & tequila drinks.
- Steelin Thunder plays at the Landings. Steel drum band. Super fun. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, June 18
- Pier Party at Schooner Landing (Damariscotta) every Wednesday from 4-7 p.m., featuring local favorites Elliot Mellyn and Jones. It’s under the Schooner Dockside Tent so it’s rain or shine. Awesome.
- Wine Down Wednesday at Trackside sounds like where I want to be.
- Movie tickets to shows at The Colonial in Belfast on Wednesdays are at matinee price!
- Smokestack‘s drink special of the day: $4 well drinks.
- Rollie’s in Belfast offers Boneless Wing Wednesday: 3 boneless wings for $1. Score!
- Visit the Farnsworth Art Museum for Free on Wednesdays from 5-8 p.m.!
- Eric green is playing at Bowens Tavern at 6 no cover.
- Enjoy a complimentary wine tasting at Breakwater Vineyards today for Picnic Day.
Thursday, June 19
- Rockland Farmers’ Market Thursday from 9-12:30.Fresh local produce and more available Thursdays from 9-12:30 p.m. at Rockland’s Harbor Park.
- Celtic Band Jam on Thursdays at Bell the Cat in Belfast.
- Smokestack has Locals Day! $1 PBRs and $2 off sandwiches & burgers.
- Karaoke at Cuzzys! Starts around 9 p.m. and is their most popular night.
- Open Mic at Highlands in Thomaston from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Get there early to sign up and to get seats. There is lots of talent at this popular open mic!
- Featured Happy Hour — I’m a big fan of 40 Paper’s happy hour. Seriously amazing drinks for half price! Happy Hour is 4-6 p.m. daily. All drinks & food on bar menu is half off. It’s funny because the bar side of the restaurant will be packed during happy hour and the tables are empty until dinner time. But, oh man, are those drinks good. Food’s great too.
- The Holy Mackerels, or two of them anyway, Mark + Arthur, will be playing at King Eider’s Pub in Damariscotta, 7-9 p.m. Come on out!
- Munchies + Mingling: Sail w/ Schooner Lazy Jack II, gotta reserve a spot aboard the boat.
- The Good Kettle in Stockton Springs hosts their monthly WINE TASTING starting at 5 pm. Free.
Friday, June 20
- There will be a DJ at Smokestack at 9 p.m. No cover.
- DJ at Time Out Pub in Rockland, upstairs starts at 9 p.m. No cover, 21+.
- Rockland Food Service has Beer & Wine Tasting 4-6 p.m. Great chance to sample some of the neat varieties they have for sale.
- Open Mic downstairs at Time Out Pub. Downstairs has pool tables, live music, good crowd. And I’m not biased in any way, but this is probably my favorite open mic in Rockland just because they do good covers andit’s a fun, lively atmosphere, but not too crowded.
- It’s Karaoke night at Myrtle St. Tavern starting at 9 p.m.! And you can bring your drink outside and enjoy the outdoor oasis.
- Tiki bar night with DJ Bert Broadway at Trackside Station, Rockland, Event is 21+. No Cover.
- All That Jazz performs live — you guessed it — jazz music at Elm Street Grille (at Cedar Crest Inn) in Camden, 6-8 p.m.
- Jehovah Stover & The Holy Mackerels will play folk/Americana music at McSeagull’s (207-633-5900), Pier 1, Downtown Boothbay Harbor, ME, 8 p.m. They play both FRI + SAT, June 20 + 21st.
- Art Walk Damariscotta!
- Harry’s Hoe Down weekend long Cannabis Liberation Fest. MUSIC*CAMPING*LIVE ART*FRIENDS & FAMILY and much more.
- Maine Fare Festival in Belfast. June 20 & 21, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Great event for foodies. They will have presentations by chefs, farmers, fishermen, workshops, tastings, demonstrations, tours, etc. Visit www.maine-fare.org for information, schedule and tickets.
- OLAS presented by the Free Range Music Festival at Maine Fare Music at 7 p.m. at Belfast Waterfront. Olas does Flamenco style music/ rock/American folk. More info and advance tickets available here. I recommend doing the Beer & Oyster tasting as part of Maine Fare before this (Get tickets in advance on the Maine Fare website) You can taste oysters from Damariscotta River area and then wash ’em down with Maine made Beer from Marshall Wharf Brewing, Allagash Brewing, and more. Beer & Pizza available for purchase at the concert as well.
- Isaiah Olson at Captain AV Nickles Inn at 6 p.m.
- Johnson & Clancy play The Speakeasy 9- midnight. They’ll play old faves from 60’s & 70’s and modern day hits too. Event is 21+.Cost is $3, but no cover if you got dinner at The Chowder House or The Speakeasy.
Mitch Alden at Montsweag Roadhouse, Woolwhich.
- Live Music at The Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro will be Chris Hight. He’ll play acoustic rock/folk/jazz starting at 8 p.m.
- It’s Blues Night at K2 Music from 6-8 p.m. Come in and play or just listen. Refreshments, door prizes, electric jamz, oh my.
Saturday, June 21
- Rockland Summer Solstice celebration takes place on Main Street from 4-8 p.m.!! Rockland Main St. is closed to traffic for a celebration of the start of summertime. Enjoy kids’ games, face painting, dance performances, free knitting lessons, arts & crafts, glass blowing demo, Rocky The Lobster will make an appearance, free yoga/dance classes, a whoopie pie eating contest (sign up by 4 p.m., contest at 6 p.m.) in front of Rockland Cafe. Live music on the street by Max McFarland and special guest Philip Anderson. Baywinds North Wind Ensemble (the community band that won “best band” in the Lobster Festival parade) will play at 5:30 by the ferry. They do fun ensemble songs. I hear they may even play Lady Gaga! Go check them out!
- The Camden Farmers’ Market is from 9 a.m. to noon in the upper parking lot of old MBNA building (off Washington St).
- Live Music at the Myrtle Street Tavern!!!! The Band is Cinnamon! This band is amazing and everyone’s new fave! Music starts at 9 p.m. 21+, $3 cover.
- DJ at Time Out Pub upstairs. 21+, no cover. Downstairs Time Out Pub has karaoke. Both kick off around 9 p.m.
- Karaoke at Cuzzy’s in Camden on Saturdays! Fun starts around 9 p.m.
- Americana – Country Rock duo Steve DeVito and John Wixon at Captain AV Nickles Inn.
- Trackside Station in Rockland will have the summer solstice Dance Party starting at 9 p.m. 21+ No cover.
- Spoon FroYo shop in downtown Camden is beginning their Saturday night Open Mic event. Open to all musicians or those who want to enjoy local music and a cup o’ froyo. Music is 7-10 p.m. Email email@example.com or stop in to Spoon to sign up.
- Pirate Rendezvous at Schooner Landing in Damariscotta, noon-4 p.m.
- ‘Rock the Boat’ at The Boatyard Grill FMI or advance tickets go here. Perfect for you music lovers! All day music event out in Blue Hill. The bands will be: The Junkyard Cats (reggae/rock), Trisha Mason (folk/rock/punk), The Mallett Brothers Band (rock/country/alternative). and Chris Ross (folk/ singer songwriter). Music starts at noon. We all know how much I LOVE The Mallett Brothers Band. I’m also a big Chris Ross fan as well. Highly recommend this event. 21+. Don’t bring a cooler. There’s a bar. I’ll be at it. The bar, that is.
- Kennebunk River Band will be playing outside of The Speakeasy 5-7 p.m. And then JUST TEACHERS are back to rock The Speakeasy again!! These guys rocked it last time with awesome fun cover songs & mashups. Come out and dance with Just Teachers, they’ll teach ya a little something about havung a good time! They will play 9-midnight. Event is 21+. Cost is $5. Don’t forget to check out the $5 Saturday drink special. Music starts at 9 p.m.
- Music at Whales Tooth Pub – Phil plays at 6 p.m.
- Three Tides & Marshall Wharf Brewing Company in Belfast start Summer Harbor Stage Music series with David Raitt & the Maine Line Band. 8pm no cover
- Art Expo @ Lincoln St Center. 8am – 7pm, sat. 9-3pm sunday. Free event. Folk musician Paddy Mills is playing music in the auditorium starting at 7 p.m., $10 cover, cash bar.
- Vinolio Wine Store in Belfast is celebrating their 1st anniversary! They will have cake and a tasting event featuring appetizers made with Vinolio oils & vinegars. Event 5-7 p.m.
- Solstice Party at Rock Harbor starts at 9 p.m. The Depths will play first. Next up is Maine Rapper, Spose. He’s Awesome. 😉 Event is 21+, $15 cover.
- The Landings will have Golden Oak playing.
- Married w/ Chitlins at Montsweag Roadhouse, Woolwhich.
- Waldoboro Day June 21 is the annual town celebration. The street party includes food vendors, a parade, fireworks, live music. Full schedule is listed here.
- Midsummer at the Museum! Celebrate the longest day of the year with a bonfire, live music, dancing, flower crowns, fireworks, and a traditional pig roast buffet. There will also be a “Wife” Carrying Race (Hope the husbands have been working out!). There will be music performed by Darlin’ Corey, playing fiddle & guitar around the bonfire, and The Lorna Prescott Quartet will perform jazz music, followed by a fantastic fireworks display! Event starts at 6:30 p.m.Advance ticket prices are $10 for Adults, $8 for Museum Members, and $2 for Kids and $15/$12/$4 at the door. Cash bah. Tented event. Rain or shine. www.knoxmuseum.org
Sunday, June 22
- Waterworks has $1 off draft beers all day.
- This is the day before my birthday. If my butt is around town you best be buyin’ me some birthday cocktails.
- Pearl Restaurant on the Pier in Rockland does $3 Bloodys & Mimosas.
- Sunday Funday $4 mimosas & Bloodys at Trackside Station in Rockland.
- Drink & Draw at the FOG, downtown Rockland, is a fun way to spend a Sunday evening. They have art materials available and a different theme each week. It’s happy hour all night so enjoy discounts on beer, wine, select cocktails & the bar menu while you color and draw. Drawing starts around 7 p.m.
- Landings Restaurant in Rockland has live music! Chief plays 60s – 90s music 3 – 6 p.m
Cool things coming our way:
- Only a few weeks left to snag your Blues Fest Advance Tix. Advance tickets sales end July 7th. Ticket prices are $25/day or $50/weekend pass. Tickets at the gate $35.00/day or $70.00/weekend pass. www.northatlanticbluesfestival.com
- Good News! Mallett Bros & David Mallett are playing the Lobster Fest again this year! Yahooo!!
- Tickets Available for Monty Python Reunion Broadcasts – Sa-weeeet! I totally memorized lines from Monty Python skits as a kid. That’s normal, right? Strand Theatre in Rockland will screen a live HD broadcast of “Monty Python Live (mostly)” on Wednesday, August 6, at 7 p.m., and Sunday, August 17, at 5:30 p.m.
- The Great Lost Kitchen will be opening up July 4th in Freedom and will be open thru the summer. Call 207-382-3333 for reservations.
- Archaeology!! You can do it! No, I mean it. You can do archaeology with Damariscotta River Association. Boy, that’s a hard word to spell. Anyway, help do an excavation! You could be like Indiana Jones! Indiana Jessabelle doesn’t have quite the same ring to it tho. Hmph. More info about the archaeology field school here.