GOOD GOD. SO MUCH MUSIC. SOOOO MUCH. People need to calm down. You’d think they’d never seen sunshine and summertime before, geez. But if you’re dying to get some sunshine check out a sweet list of neat places that have outdoor dining/drinking options: DOCKtails & DECKadence. Here’s what there is to do around Rockland this week. I add more events throughout the week, so remember to check back.
Monday June 9
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery at 7 p.m. & Mug Night. Come around 6 p.m. to get a seat at the bar, it fills up. Bring a few friends to play on your team (I think it’s no more than five, maybe six per team). Grab dinner and drinks while you play. Top three teams will get different percents off your bill. Way more fun than watching jeopardy at home.
- Time Out Pub hosts their popular Monday Night Blues, with a 6:30 p.m. start this week and two bands! Shawn Holt and the Teardrops and The Popa Chubby Band. Cost is $20. And you’re going to want to call for tickets to this show 596-6055
- Trackside Station has $3 margaritas and I know I’m gonna need one.
- Smokestack has $4 margaritas, $2 Tacos, $3 Coronas.
- Open Mic at The FOG Bar & Cafe. Starts at 8 p.m. goes til Teddy gets too sweaty (JK, sorry!). Enjoy Happy Hour all night. $2 off all drafts, bar menu has specials, and $6 select cocktails like a Blackberry Cosmo (delish!). More relaxed atmosphere of the Open Mics ’round these parts.
- “MON, June 9th, An Old Fashioned Rally and Meeting with MIKE MICHAUD: Democratic Candidate for Governor at the Lincoln Theatre in Damariscotta. HOLY MACKERELS & PAUL MELLYN will play live music, NEWCASTLE PUBLICK HOUSE will provide some food. Event starts at 5 P.M. ALL ARE WELCOME!! FREE!
- Jud Caswell to play Live Music (he does lovely folk) 5:30pm – 8:30pm at Seagull Restaurant/Shop at Pemaquid Lighthouse.
Tuesday, June 10
- Open Mic Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery starts at 8:30 p.m. There’s a lively crowd, lots of musicians, and craft beer.
- Steelin’ Thunder Steel Drum Band will be playing at The Landings Restaurant in Rockland at 5:30 p.m. Weather dependent. Event info here.
- Delvino’s (Belfast) does 2 for Tuesday! Appetizer, salads, bread, pasta entrees, & dessert for 2 people! $19.99 for lunch, $29.99 for dinner. Yum!
- Open Mic Night at Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Taco Tuesday at Rollie’s in Belfast means $1 tacos all day.
- Smokestack‘s drink special of the day: $4 Rum and Coke
- Super Bargain Tuesdays at Flagship Cinemas Matinee Prices for any show all day today.
- The Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro has Rusty Hinges playing live folk music every Tuesday starting at 7 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday at 3Crow! Best darn $2 tacos and discounts of mezcal & tequila drinks. They have such yummy drinks!! And Tacos. Why have we not been to this? Someone take me already!
- Midcoast Maine has Talent Or Not. This sounds so fun!! Takes place at The Strand Theatre – Rockland, Maine, MCed by Paul Benjamin of The North Atlantic Blues Festival. It’s a talent/variety show for all to enjoy. Tickets $10 for Adults – $5 for Children
Wednesday, June 11
- Pier Party at Schooner Landing (Damariscotta) every Wednesday from 4-7 p.m., featuring local favorites Elliot Mellyn and Jones It’s under the Schooner Dockside Tent so it’s rain or shine.
- Wing Day at Trackside means buy 10 wings, get 5 free.
- Movie tickets to shows at The Colonial in Belfast on Wednesdays are at matinee price!
- Smokestack‘s drink special of the day: $4 well drinks.
- Rollie’s in Belfast offers Boneless Wing Wednesday: 3 boneless wings for $1. Score!
- Pen Bay Chamber holds Business After Hours @ Plants Unlimited for Chamber Members.
- Visit the Farnsworth Art Museum for Free on Wednesdays from 5-8 p.m.!
- Eric Green is playing at Bowen’s Tavern Wednesday night 6-9pm.
- Picnic Night at Dandelion Spring Farm in Newcastle! This Wednesday at the farm : 4pm until 7pm. Oxbow Brewing Company will be there with beer, The Uproot Pie Co. will bring the pizza, and the farm’s got vegetables galore, and cuuute animals. dandelionspringfarm.wordpress.com
Thursday, June 12
- Grand Opening: Book Arts & Alternative Process Photography Studio, 3-8:30 p.m. at Maine Media Workshops. Open studio with demonstrations, Dedication and Keynote Speech, refreshments, & more.
- Waldo County Ramblers will perform at The Landings Restaurant in Rockland at 6 p.m.
- Rockland Farmers’ Market starts Thursday from 9-12:30.
- Celtic Band Jam on Thursdays at Bell the Cat in Belfast.
- Smokestack has Locals Day! $1 PBRs and $2 off sandwiches & burgers.
- Karaoke at Cuzzys! Starts around 9 p.m. and is their most popular night.
- Open Mic at Highlands in Thomaston from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Get there early to sign up and to get seats. There is lots of talent at this popular open mic!
- Thursday at Waterdog Tavern means happy hour all night for Ladies’ Night. So, $1 off all draft beer & wine and $4 well drinks.
- Shepherd’s Pie does Happy Hour on Thursday nights 8-9 p.m. Enjoy $3 draft beer & house wine, $2 off cocktails on their drink list. $10 beer battered Fish n Chips. What a deal. You can get more info about Happy Hour info in the area on the Happy Hour page.
- Musicians Nancy Sferra and Giff Jamison play 6-8pm at Savory Maine in Damariscotta.
- Featured Happy Hour — Andy’s Brew Pub/ Lobster Pound has some sweet Happy Hour deals, Monday – Saturday 4-6 p.m. On Thursdays they offer Beer battered Onion Rings for $2.50, pints of Andy’s Red Ale for $3.50, and pints of Bud Light for just $2.00! If you haven’t been over there to see the restaurant since they added the brew pub bar, now’s a good time. See info & pics from their opening here. Looks cool! So go! What are you waiting for, a formal invitation? ‘Cause, ya, that’s what I’m waiting for. I think they call them dates. I haven’t had one in a while, though, so I could be wrong. 😛
Friday, June 13
- Roundtop Coffee House & Open Mic hosted by Damariscotta River Association. The open mic invites musicians, singers, poets and other performers to sign up and take the stage. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The open mic is 6:45 to 8:15 with 8 minute two song slots. with a 15-minute break before the feature act from 8:30 to 9:30. Featured artist is Meteora Kat Logan Trio. Admission is $8 or bring home-baked goods for free admission (Gotta love Maine). Event is at DRA’s Round Top Farm, 3 Round Top Lane in Damariscotta. I love this venue, fabulous events, beautiful.
- There will be a DJ at Smokestack at 9 p.m.
- DJ at Time Out Pub in Rockland, upstairs starts at 9 p.m. No cover, 21+.
- Open Mic downstairs at Time Out Pub. Downstairs has pool tables, live music, good crowd. And I’m not biased in any way, but this is probably my favorite open mic in Rockland just because they do good covers andit’s a fun, lively atmosphere, but not too crowded.
- It’s Karaoke night at Myrtle St. Tavern starting at 9 p.m.! And you can bring your drink outside and enjoy the outdoor oasis.
- Cornhole Competition at Trackside Station, Rockland, ME. Event is 21+.
- Film Screening at F.A.R.M.S. Community Kitchen at Rising Tides Community Market in Damariscotta. The film starts at 7 p.m. Free.
- Lee Sykes will be performing some easy listening jams at The Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro, 8-11 p.m.
- Barbour Clarke Jazz Duo are playing traditional jazz music at Rock City Cafe at 7 p.m. Event is free. Tipping the musicians suggested. Food, coffee, beer & wine available for purchase.
- All That Jazz performs live — you guessed it — jazz music at Elm Street Grille (at Cedar Crest Inn) in Camden, 6-8 p.m.
- Belfast Happy Video Premiere at the Colonial Theatre 3:30 pm.
- The Speakeasy hosts Raised By Wolves (with Blind Albert) 9-12 p.m. $3 cover. CANCELED!! They’re not playing because of water damage at The Speakeasy. Blind Albert says that they will reschedule for sometime in July or August. And Kathleen told me yesterday that they had a flood, a good few inches of water (yikes!) but they’re redoing the whole place — new floors, new stage. So we can look forward to seeing a whole new speakeasy soon!!
- Two Birds One Stone returns to Rock Harbor to treat you beer lovers to some rock/ alternative cover songs. It’s Rock Harbor’s 3rd Anniversary BASH! All kinds of sweet giveaways comin’ your way. So if you like music and drinks AND free stuff come on over to Rock Harbor and get both at the same time…or, you know, as they say, kill two birds with one stone… Yeah, I went there. Fun starts at 8 p.m.
- Watershed Tavern/Boothbay Craft Brewing in Boothbay is celebrating Friday the 13th with free raffles & specials.
Saturday, June 14
- Waldo County Open Space Festival
- The Holy Mackerels will play at the Oysterhead Lounge (Newcastle Publick House, 2nd Floor) Music starts at 8:30 p.m.
- The Camden Farmers’ Market is from 9 a.m. to noon in the upper parking lot of old MBNA building (off Washington St).
- The Blame Hounds are playing at The Speakeasy 9- midnight. Don’t forget to check out the $5 Saturday drink special. Music starts at 9 p.m. Cost is $3, but no cover if you got dinner at The Chowder House or The Speakeasy.
- Live Music at the Myrtle Street Tavern!!!! Music starts at 9 p.m. 21+, $3 cover. June 14th the band is “Eric Green Party” for a pre-Blues Festival Bluesapalooza -Just to get everyone in the mood (Eric always plays at the Myrt during Blues Fest) and Blues Fest will be here before you know it!!
- DJ at Time Out Pub upstairs. 21+, no cover. Downstairs Time Out Pub has karaoke. Both kick off around 9 p.m.
- Classic rock n roll music at Lincoln Street Center for the Arts by the Duane Nickerson Band. More info here. They want you to roll up in period cars & period clothes if you can swing it. Cruise in 5:30-6:30. Dancin’ starts at 7 p.m. goes til 10 p.m. Cost: $10. Cash bar beer & wine. Snack bar. 50/50 raffle. Door Prizes.
- Karaoke at Cuzzy’s in Camden on Saturdays is back! Fun starts around 9 p.m.
- Paint the Floor (with Sweat and More . . . ) It’s ‘Bout time! The Derby Grils are rollin’ to the Midcoast Recreation Center in Rockport to battle for another win. Doors at 5 p.m., game faces at 6 p.m. They always have wicked cool half time shows too! Tickets are $8 in advance, $10 at the door. Tickets available online at http://paintthefloor.brownpapertickets.com/ Afterparty at Trackside Station in Rockland
- Trackside Station in Rockland is having the after party for the Roller Derby Team with music by DJ VJ.
- Simons & Goodwin play live music at The Highlands Coffee House, in Thomaston, starting at 7 p.m.
- The very talented By the Bay Jazz Trio will play jazz music at at Rock City Cafe at 7 p.m. Event is free. Tipping the musicians suggested. Food, coffee, beer & wine available for purchase.
Sunday, June 15 – Father’s Day
- Wineries doing Father’s day crap. Many wineries will have tasting, tours. More info at mainewinetrail.com. Locally, here’s what we’ve got going on:Savage Oakes Vineyard & Winery in Union will have a special father’s day tasting with wine, local cheese, and farm fresh sausage for ya, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Sweetgrass Winery & Distillery in Union will also do a special father’s day event with wine & local cheese tastings, 11-5 p.m. Breakwater Winery in Owls Head (or at their lovely tasting room on Main Street in Rockland) noon-5 p.m. Cellardoor Winery in Lincolnville
- Lots of schooners are offering discounts for fathers. Take dad for a sail! It’s better than telling him to take a hike. 🙂
- Waterworks has $1 off draft beers all day.
- Cappy’s Shipyard Party They have free bar food snacks(lots of it!), happy hour prices & free Shipyard giveaways from 4-6 p.m.! I love their Shipyard promo days. 1) because I love beer (duh!) 2) because I love Cappy’s Food, and 3) I love Happy Hour with beer, freebies, free food. Bring Dad! Maybe they’ll give him a Shipyard T-shirt and you won’t feel so bad about forgetting to get him a gift!
- Jazz Sunday – Flannel Shirt Fund Benefit at The Highlands Coffee House, in Thomaston. Music starts at 11 a.m. and goes allllll day. Food and drink specials all day as well.
- 3Crow isn’t doing Cribbage night anymore because they are shifting to summer mode. But there is good news. Summertime means they will be serving food til 10 p.m. now. And they do plan to open up the patio out back again this year. no set date yet, but last year it was on Summer Solstice that they first opened it.
- The FOG Bar and Café has Drink and Draw starting at 7 p.m. They supply art materials and there is a different theme each week. You also get to enjoy happy hour all night during the event. $2 off all drafts. So, another chance for craft beers! Also food specials on bar menu and $6 select cocktails like a Blackberry Cosmo (delish!)
- Get your booty down to The Pearl for Brunch!! They’ve got fabulous food and $3 Mimosas & Bloody Marys. Cannot wait. Also – did you know they serve food til midnight daily?! Right on!
- Holy Mackerels TRIO, Mark Stover, Arthur Webster + Paul “The Fiddle” D’Alessio will be playing at THE 1812 HOUSE, 1297 Bristol Rd, Bristol Mills, ME, starting at 11:30 AM for a Father’s Day BBQ. For advance Tickets: Call KING EIDER’S PUB 207-563-6008.
Thanks for reading. You can also find my weekend listings on Pen Bay Pilot! Feel free to send me comments/feedback/events you’d like listed.