Sit outside and soak up some sun this week! Check out a sweet list of neat places that have outdoor dining/drinking options: DOCKtails & DECKadence.
Monday June 2
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery at 7 p.m. & Mug Night. Come around 6 p.m. to get a seat at the bar, it fills up. Bring a few friends to play on your team (I think it’s no more than five, maybe six per team). Grab dinner and drinks while you play. Top three teams will get different percents off your bill. It’s wicked fun!
- Chris Duarte will be performing at the Time Out Pub for Monday Night Blues, 7-10 p.m. Blues/swing music. Cost: $15
- Trackside Station has $3 margaritas.
- Smokestack has $4 margaritas, $2 Tacos, $3 Coronas.
- Gangster Movie & Old Timey Music at Bell The Cat 7-9 p.m. Screening of the locally produced 20-minute short film Hands of the Nocturnal Clock and Q & A with director after and music by The Resonant Rogue. $10 suggested donation.
Tuesday, June 3
- Open Mic Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery starts at 8:30 p.m. There’s a lively crowd, lots of musicians, and craft beer.
- Delvino’s (Belfast) does 2 for Tuesday! Appetizer, salads, bread, pasta entrees, & dessert for 2 people! $19.99 for lunch, $29.99 for dinner. Yum!
- Open Mic Night at Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Taco Tuesday at Rollie’s in Belfast means $1 tacos all day.
- Smokestack’s drink special of the day: $4 Rum and Coke
- Steel drum band Steelin’ Thunder is performing at The Landings Restaurant in Rockland at 5:30 p.m. postponed again!
- Live music at Elm Street Grille (at Cedar Crest Inn) in Camden, 6-8 p.m. The band will be The Postman Cometh.
- The Pearl on the pier in Rockland opens for the season! Yay!! They’ve got some exciting things in store for us this year. Check out the article in the Bangor Daily News for the details. But it sounds like they will be doing Sunday brunch, have live music to keep the bar scene lively, and selling food till midnight.
- The Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro has Rusty Hinges playing live folk music every Tuesday starting at 7 p.m.
- Taco Tuesday at 3Crow! Best darn $2 tacos and discounts of mezcal & tequila drinks. They have such yummy drinks!! And Tacos. Why have we not been to this? Someone take me already!
Wednesday, June 4
- Wine Down Wednesday @ Trackside, wine specials.
- Movie tickets to shows at The Colonial in Belfast on Wednesdays are at matinee price!
- Smokestack‘s drink special of the day: $4 well drinks.
- Rollie’s in Belfast offers Boneless Wing Wednesday: 3 boneless wings for $1. Score!
- Member Mix ‘n’ Mingle @ Point Lookout hosted by Pen Bay Chamber of Commerce. Event is for Chamber Members. Not a member? Become one! More info at Pen Bay Chamber.
- Visit the Farnsworth Art Museum for Free on Wednesdays from 5-8 p.m.
Thursday, June 5
- Rockland Farmers’ Market starts Thursday from 9-12:30.
- Celtic Band Jam on Thursdays at Bell the Cat in Belfast.
- Smokestack has Locals Day! $1 PBRs and $2 off sandwiches & burgers.
- Karaoke at Cuzzys! Starts around 9 p.m. and is their most popular night.
- Open Mic at Highlands in Thomaston from 6:30-9:30 p.m. Get there early to sign up and to get seats. There is lots of talent at this popular open mic!
- Thursday at Waterdog Tavern means happy hour all night for Ladies’ Night. So, $1 off all draft beer & wine and $4 well drinks.
- Shepherd’s Pie does Happy Hour on Thursday nights 8-9 p.m. Enjoy $3 draft beer & house wine, $2 off cocktails on their drink list. $10 beer battered Fish n Chips. What a deal. You can get more info about Happy Hour info in the area on the Happy Hour page.
- Alex and Shayna at The Landings restaurant in Rockland! Event info. The duo will serve up some pop/folk/rock music starting at 6 p.m. They do such a fun performance! So glad they are back in the area!
- “The Hungry Heart” film screening at 6 p.m. at Belfast Library, free. The documentary looks at how opioid addiction impacts a small town in New England. This is an encore screening because there was such a strong showing at the first screening at the Colonial Theatre. It was packed! I sat on the floor! The movie was very moving, definitely got me teary eyed. And it’s a really important topic.
- Kick the Keg night at Rollie’s in Belfast.
- Musicians Nancy Sferra and Giff Jamison play 6-8pm at Savory Maine in Damariscotta.
Friday, June 6
- Contradance with Sassafras Stomp playing at the American Legion Hall in Belfast. The community dance starts at 6:30 p.m. $2/$1 kids. The main dance starts at 8 p.m. $10 FMI: BelfastFlyingShoes.org or 338-0979.
- AIR brings us the First Friday Art Walk in Rockland! Stop in to any of the downtown art galleries in Rockland and pick up an AIR brochure. It will have a list/map of all the galleries you can explore. Galleries will have wine, snacks, and a chance to see all the incredible talent and skill we have in our community. Not to miss: Eric Hopkins at new location on Park Street next to Park Street Grille, Caldbeck’s “A Year in the George’s River Watershed: Elizabeth Billings and Michael Sacca” on Elm St., and Harbor Square Gallery on Main.
- Pop Up Art Show and Concert at Rockland Rec Center. Music will include: drive by todd (rock), Jim Dandy (punk), and The Steppe! 4-9 p.m. And it’s happening again on Saturday, starting at 6 p.m.
- Jon Luoma Artist’s Reception & Free Wine Tasting at Rising Tide Community Market in Damariscotta, 4-6 p.m.
- There will be a DJ at Smokestack at 9 p.m.
- DJ at Time Out Pub in Rockland, upstairs starts at 9 p.m. No cover. 21+
- Open Mic downstairs at Time Out Pub. Downstairs is a good time. If you’ve never checked it out, it’s worth stopping by. They’ve got pool tables, live music, good crowd.
- It’s Karaoke night at Myrtle St. Tavern starting at 9 p.m.!
- Guest DJ Bert Broadway & Deep Eddy Drink Promo at Trackside Station, Rockland, ME. Event is 21+.
- Film Screening at F.A.R.M.S. Community Kitchen at Rising Tides Community Market in Damariscotta. The film starts at 7 p.m. Free.
- Blind Albert will be performing blues music at The Narrows Tavern in Waldoboro, 8-11 p.m.
- Will Brown & Greg Fowler are playing live folk music at Rock City Cafe at 7 p.m. Event is free. Tipping the musicians suggested. Food, coffee, beer & wine available for purchase.
- All That Jazz performs at Elm Street Grill at Cedar Crest in Camden from 6-8 p.m.
- Scotty River Trio is at Coveside in South Bristol at 8:30.
- The Speakeasy hosts Three Button Deluxe who will play jazz/swing/blues 8-11 p.m. $3 cover.
- Artsy fun at Waterfall Arts in Belfast, 7-10 p.m. $3 kids/ $5 adults. AAAH Zenfest
Saturday, June 7
- Open Winery Day to celebrate Maine wineries from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Many wineries will have tasting, tours. More info at mainewinetrail.com. Locally, here’s what we’ve got going on:
Savage Oakes Vineyard & Winery in Union will have self-guided tours 11-4 p.m. and tastings noon-3 p.m.
Breakwater Winery in Owls Head (or at their lovely tasting room on Main Street in Rockland) noon-5p.m.
Cellardoor Winery in Lincolnville (or at their charming tasting room on the intersection of Rt. 1 & 90 in Rockport) tastings noon-5 p.m. at either location, or both!
Sweetgrass Winery & Distillery in Union will have apple brandy distilling, gin and smoked salmon pairing, Sullivan Harbor Smokehouse, 11-5 p.m.
I would suggest which one to go to, but they are all so awesome. I love being able to walk around the vineyard at Savage Oakes and meet the piggies. Sweetgrass has a fabulous ambience and I love their cranberry gin. It’s been on my birthday wishlist for two years now. Someone is clearly not reading my wish list. Maybe if I put it in the blog I’ll have more success. Fingers crossed. Anywho, go to all the wineries!!
- The Camden Farmers’ Market is from 9 a.m. to noon in the upper parking lot of old MBNA building (off Washington St).
- The Pop Up Art Show and Concert at Rockland Rec Center continues today, 10 a.m. -5 p.m.
- Mad Tea Party at Rock City Cafe hosted by Hot Pink Flannel. DJ MJ from Portland will play dance music. Dress up like an Alice in Wonderland character or don’t. Fox on the run will provide food. $5 cover. Music starts at 9 p.m. so hop on over. Hot Pink Flannel parties are always popular.
- Trackside Station in Rockland is having a Black Light Party with DJ VJ. Wear something that looks rad when it glows and get on over there. Starts around 9 p.m., 21+.
- Lovewhip will be whipping The Speakeasy into shape. These guys did a fun show last time they came to town. so get ready for some fun. Electric Pop Funk with female vocals. Heck yes! Let’s all dress up and get weird. Don’t forget to check out the $5 Saturday drink special. Music starts at 9 p.m. Cost is $5, but no cover if you got dinner at The Chowder House or The Speakeasy.
- Live Music at the Myrtle Street Tavern!!!! Music starts at 9 p.m. 21+, $3 cover.
- DJ at Time Out Pub upstairs. 21+, no cover. Downstairs Time Out Pub has karaoke. Both kick off around 9 p.m.
- Northstar Horse Rescue Hosts a Belmont Stakes Party! Wacth the Horse Racing at the Samoset Resorts Enoteca Lounge, 5 p.m. Will California Chrome take the Triple Crown!? Come early for pre-race coverage, they’ll do two dollar pick your horse out of a hat raffle.
- Holy Mackerals play at Coveside in South Bristol. The foursome plays acoustic danceable cover songs.
- Classic rock n roll music at Lincoln Street Center for the Arts by the Duane Nickerson Band. More info here. They want you to roll up in period cars & period clothes if you can swing it. Cruise in 5:30-6:30. Dancin’ starts at 7 p.m. goes til 10 p.m. Cost: $10. Cash bar beer & wine. Snack bar. 50/50 raffle. Door Prizes.
- Singer/songwriter Lisa Redfern will be performing at The Coastal Children’s Museum, 11 a.m. Cost: $1 member/$2 non-member.
- Karaoke at Cuzzy’s on Saturdays is back! Fun starts around 9 p.m.
Sunday, June 8
- Waterworks has $1 off draft beers all day.
- Jazz Jam at The Highlands Coffee House, in Thomaston, 1-3:30 p.m. Open to all. No cover.
- Cribbage Night at 3 Crow in Rockland. You’ll get 15 percent off your bill if you’re playing cribbage. So, go grab some craft beers. Or do brunch. I hear they make a mean Bloody Mary!
- The FOG Bar and Café has Drink and Draw starting at 7 p.m. They supply art materials and there is a different theme each week. You also get to enjoy happy hour all night during the event. $2 off all drafts. So, another chance for craft beers! Also food specials on bar menu and $6 select cocktails like a Blackberry Cosmo (delish!)
Thanks for reading. You can also find my weekend listings on Pen Bay Pilot! Feel free to send me comments/feedback/events you’d like listed.