What’s happening in the Midcoast this week? Rain. ‘Tis the season. But, keep on pluggin’. Memorial Day is almost here. Here’s what’s going on in the area this week. I’ll add more throughout the week so check back regularly for updates.
Monday, May 19
- Open Mic Night at Fog Bar & Cafe starts at 8 p.m. Happy Hour all night so $2 off wines & draft beers and a few $6 cocktails to choose from and specials on the bar menu.
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery at 7 p.m. & Mug Night. Come around 6 p.m. to get a seat at the bar, it fills up. Bring a few friends to play on your team (I think it’s no more than five, maybe six per team). Grab dinner and drinks while you play. Top three teams will get a percent off your bill. It’s wicked fun!
- Monday Night Blues at Time Out Pub, 7-10 p.m. Get your dancin’ shoes on because this week Lydia Warren will be playing blues/roots/rock/soul.Cost: $10 Check her out on facebook.
- Trackside Station has $3 margaritas.
- Smokestack has $3 margaritas.
- Kick the Keg night at Rollie’s in Belfast.
Tuesday, May 20
- Open Mic Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery starts at 8:30 p.m.
- Smokestack has Captain & Coke for $4
- 2 for Tuesdays at T.O.P. – 2 Well drinks for price of one until 6pm.
- Lebanese Food & Wine Dinner at Nautilus $40 for 5 courses. $55 for dinner with wine pairings. Reservations advised. Call 218.4218.
- The Rusty Hinges playing live music at The Narrows Tavern start at 7 p.m.
- Rollie’s $1 Tacos
- Delvino’s (Belfast) does 2 for Tuesday! Appetizer, salads, bread, pasta entrees, & dessert for 2 people! $19.99 for lunch, $29.99 for dinner. Yum!
- Tuesday means tacos at 3Crow. $2 Tacos. All different kinds of delicious varieties. All day.
- Open Mic Night at Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Taco Tuesday at 3Crow, Rockland, Main St. means $2 Tacos & $2 off tequila & mezcal cocktails, yum!
Wednesday, May 21
- Smokestack in Camden has $4 well drinks.
- All you can eat Spaghetti night at Rockland Cafe! Say Pasta La Vista to your gluten free diet already!
- Rollie’s 3 for 1 chicken nuggets.
- Discount movie tickets to shows at The Colonial in Belfast on Sundays & Wednesdays, $5.
- Smokestack has 50 Cent Boneless or Bone-In Wings All Day!
- Trackside Station‘s got you wing lovers covered with buy 10 wings get 5 free.
- Camden International Film Festival’s monthly screening at the Strand Theatre. Artfully Short is ac collection of short films focusing on the creative process. Cost: $8.50.
- “Inequality got All” screening and discussion at Belfast Free Library at 6 p.m. Film looks at inequality of income opportunity and the gap between rich & poor.
- Wine Tasting at Maine Street Meats 4-6 p.m.
- FOG has live music starting at 8 p.m.
- Rollie’s has $2 bud lights.
- Eric Green playing at Bowen’s Tavern for Bike Night, 6-9 p.m. No cover. And food and drink specials like: $ 1 hamburger and fried chicken sliders. $ 3 margaritas and cape cods. $1.50 rolling rock and $2.50 bud light pints.
- Head on over to Oyster River Winegrowers for Pizza Night with The Uproot Pie Co., 5-8 p.m.
- Wine Tasting at Rayr in Rockport 4-6 p.m.! Wine tastes good. So go taste it!
Thursday, May 22
- The Coloradas are playing at The Speakeasy (Downstairs of the Chowderhouse)! They’ll play 6-9 p.m. They are just getting back from touring around Europe. I picked up their CD last time they were in town and I just love these guys. Really good folk/Americana music. No cover. This is my top pick for the week.
- Dom Colizzi playing live music at Rollie’s, 9-11 p.m.
- Smokestack in Camden has $4 Long Islands & it’s Locals Day so they’ve got $1 PBRs and $2 Off Burgers and Sandwiches.
- Celtic Band Jam on Thursdays at Bell the Cat in Belfast.
- Karaoke at Cuzzys starts around 9 p.m.
- Open Mic @ Highlands! 6:30-9:30pm. Get there wicked early to sign up to play!
- In Good Company Food Journey is Argentinian. $30 per person. Call for reservations.
- Trackside Station is having a Wing Eating Contest! Give them a shout ASAP if you want to compete. You can’t just wing it, you have to sign up. Pun intended. It may already be full, but you can def go and cheer on the contestants! $25 to enter contest, goes to support Best Buddies. Sweet prizes though.
- Savory Maine in Damariscotta has Aaron Nadeau performing 6-8 p.m.
- Midcoast Millenials Mentoring (M3) 18-33 year olds are welcome to come join this group. Adult community members (business owners, lawyers, sales & marketing execs, etc.) are there to chat with us and help us find answers to questions like – how will I pay for college? How will I find a job? How do I start my business? What do I want to do with my life? etc. Come check it out. They will meet this Thursday at URock (4th floor of Breakwater Building, 5:30 -7 p.m. Send ’em a facebook message if you have questions or you’re interested in being a mentor.
- Ice cream tasting at Good Kettle in Searsport from 4-6 p.m. They’ll have Stone Fox Farm Ice Cream (which I can attest is delicious!) and local student artwork on display.
- Wine Tasting at Vinolio in Belfast, 5-7 p.m.
Friday May 23
- Smokestack in Camden has Vodka Redbull for $5
- Drop the kiddos off at Sweet Tree Arts in Hope from 6-8.30 p.m. and go enjoy date night while the kids enjoy fun art acitivites. Cost: $25 per family. Register in advance. More info: http://www.sweettreearts.org/
- Trackside Station has a Beer Pong Tournament. It’s $10 for a two person team to play.
- Waylon Speed at The Speakeasy 8-11 p.m. Cost: $5. The 220s!
- Ale House String Band plays at The Narrows Tavern, Waldoboro, 8 p.m.
- Rock Harbz is gettin’ wild tonight. DJ VJ. Drink specials. Jello Shots. Fun starts at 9 p.m.
- Golden Oak is playing some folk music at The Landings in Rockland. Music starts at 7 p.m. If you haven’t been to the landings it’s well worth paying them a visit. Nice little bar, great food, water views. They’re located on the water, just past the police station in Rockland. Check the band out on soundcloud here: https://soundcloud.com/goldenoakband
- Learn about reading food labels this Fri 5/23, 8:30 a.m. at The Juice Cellar (They’re located on Beaver Street, on the backside of the Opera House building). Event is free. Space is limited, so please RSVP by clicking “Join” on the facebook event or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clayton Clemetson will perform during the Belfast Farmers’ Market, 9 a.m. -1 p.m.
- Concert to benefit Maine Lighthouse Museum will feature “NEPTUNE’S CAR” with Holly Hanson and Steve Hayes. They will play at the museum located at One Park Drive in Rockland, 5-7 p.m.
- Rockport Dance Conservatory will have their Spring Showcase 6:30 p.m. at Camden Opera House on Friday & Saturday. Cost: $15. www.rockportdance.com
Saturday May 24
- Nukulele will perform at Rock City Cafe, Rockland. Jam/funk & rock covers. Music is free, but give ’em a tip. Enjoy some beer, wine, coffee & delicious treats from the cafe and enjoy some tunes. 7-9 p.m. These guys are the bomb. But don’t worry, if you blow it and don’t make it in time they’ll be playing at the Myrt afterwards.
- Tricky Britches playing at The Speakeasy, 8-11 p.m. Cost: $5. Remember to try the $5 cocktail special. These guys are from Portland and they do some mean old timey/bluegrass/folk music.
- Blind Albert & Co. will be jamming at Highlands Coffeehouse in Thomaston for the monthly Blues Jam 7-10 p.m.
- Midcoast Swing is hosting a Swing Dance and Frankie Centennial Celebration at High Mountain Hall inCamden, Saturday, May 24. Dance classes are from 3-6 p.m. and focus on Lindy Hop, the original swing dance.They will then have Movies and Munchies (videos of Frankie Manning & lindy hop, and snacks provided or bring your own) from 6 – 7 pm.Then the Swing Dance is 7-10 pm, open to all. The $7 admission includes a beginner lesson, refreshments, door prizes, videos, and dance demonstrations. FMI: www.joyfuldancing.com or facebook.Schedule:
3:00 Lindy Hop Basics
4:00 Frankie Favorites
5:00 More Frankie Favorites
6:00 Movies and Munchies
7:00 Free Dance Lesson
7:30 Swing Dance!Costs:
Single Workshop – $10
Two workshops – $18
Three workshops – $24
Three workshops and dance – $29
Dance only (includes beginner lesson) – $7
- Trackside Station has a dance party with DJ VJ starting around 9 p.m.
- Myrtle Street Tavern has Nukelele. Band starts at 9 p.m. Cost: $3.
- March Against Monsanto & FOR HEALTHY ORGANIC FOOD!! Meet at Rockland Universalist Unitarian at 1:30. Wear your marching shoes and get ready to Say No to GMO!!
- Tom Luther Quintet will play jazz at Åarhus Gallery, Main St. in Belfast, 7-9 p.m. Cost: $10.
- So What Band will be playing classic rock at Bowen’s Tavern, Belfast, 9 p.m. – close.
- Free Butcher Demos at Maine Street Meats (in the State of Maine Cheese building) Rockport, 3 p.m.
And in other news, you could do something like this instead of going out drinking:
Ok, or just dance while you’re out at the bar, that counts too. 🙂