Oh man, Bruins. Oh man. What an intense game that was. But now the pressure is on for Game 7. Don’t puck it up!!
In other news, it’s national Craft Beer Week. Go pay our local bars a visit and taste some yummy brews.
Our local craft brews:
Rock Harbor Brew Pub, Rockland
Sample flights of beer! They will be having a Sam Adams Take over on Friday
Three Tides & Marshall Wharf Brewing Co., Belfast
Lots of different beers to try!
And don’t forget: Belfast Brewing Co., Boothbay Craft Brewery, Oxbow Brewery!! You can read more about my Craft Beer Week suggestions on my Bangor Daily News blog The Local Lowdown. I know it’s confusing that I have blog action all over the place. I’m confused by it too. Yeesh. But I’ll try to keep giving ya the links. Let me know if it’s a problem or anything. Also! For American Craft Beer week, The Pen Bay Pilot News Hour on 93.3 WRFR Radio will be having guest Dan Pease of Rock Harbor Pub and Brewery in this Friday morning 7-8 a.m. to talk about brewing and craft beer. Be sure to listen in or stream it live here.
Wolfie & I at WRFR. We are perked up because we are hoping Dan brings us beer samples. Is it still 5 o’clock somewhere at 7 a.m.? 🙂
Tuesday, May 13
- Open Mic Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery starts at 8:30 p.m.
- Delvino’s (Belfast) does 2 for Tuesday! Appetizer, salads, bread, pasta entrees, & dessert for 2 people! $19.99 for lunch, $29.99 for dinner. Yum!
- Open Mic Night at Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Taco Tuesday at Rollie’s means $1 tacos all day.
- Smokestack’s drink special of the day: $4 Rum n Coke.
- Live Music by Paddy Mills (folk) at Pints for Paws @ Trackside starting at 8pm to benefit Loyal Biscuit See the silent auction & raffle items here.
Wednesday, May 14
- Business After Hours will be at Cappy’s in Camden, 5-7 p.m.
- Wine Down Wednesday @ Trackside, wine specials.
- Discount movie tickets to shows at The Colonial in Belfast on Sundays & Wednesdays, $5.
- Smokestack’s drink special of the day: $4 well drinks.
- Free pool at Front Street Pub on Wednesdays & Bogo (buy one get one half off) Burgers!
- Rollie’s has $5 pitchers of Coors during Bruins game. And they do Boneless Wing Wednesday: 3 boneless wings for $1.
- Newcastle Public House has live music by Will & Doug & Bruins on tonight.
- Wednesday night specials at Bowen’s Tavern: $1 hamburger and fried chicken sliders, $ 3 margaritas and cape cods. Eric Green is playing music at 7 p.m., no cover.
- $2 Bud Light drafts during the Bruins game at Waterworks.
Thursday, May 15
- Rockland Farmers’ Market starts Thursday from 9-12:30.
- The Old Blues Kats at The Speakeasy, 6-9 p.m.
- Forever Farms has an event at Oyster River Winegrowers tours of Hatchet Cove Farm 5pm. Free. Pizza from The Uproot Pie Co. and wine and music 6-9 p.m. Event info.
- Smokestack’s drink special of the day:$4 Long Island
- Celtic Band Jam on Thursdays at Bell the Cat in Belfast.
- Smokestack has Locals Day! $1 PBRs and $2 off sandwiches & burgers.
- Karaoke at Cuzzys!
- Open Mic @ Highlands! 6:30-9:30pm.
- In Good Company – Correction, The Food Journey this week is food from Burma. Call (207) 593.9110 for reservations.
- Nukelele live at Front Street Pub.
- Thursday at Waterdog Tavern means happy hour all night for Ladies’ Night. So, $1 off all draft beer & wine and $4 well drinks.
- Shepherd’s Pie does Happy Hour on Thursday nights 8-9 p.m. Enjoy $3 draft beer & house wine, $2 off cocktails on their drink list. $10 beer battered Fish n Chips. What a deal. You can get more info about Happy Hour info in the area on the Happy Hour page.
- Wine Tasting at Good Kettle. Little bit of a drive, but if you’re out that way.
Friday, May 16
- Samuel Adams Take Over At Rock Harbor & $2 Pistol bringing us some awesome live tunes. These guys rock!
- Beer & Wine Tasting at Food Depot 4-6 p.m.
- Live Music by Brian Patricks at The Narrows Tavern , 8 p.m.
- Angry Orchard keep the pint night at Trackside.
- The Wayne Delano Jazz Quartet is jazzin’ it up at The Speakeasy, 7-11 p.m. Cost: $3.
- There will be a DJ at Smokestack at 9 p.m.
- DJ at TOP upstairs.
- Open Mic downstairs TOP.
- Karaoke at Myrtle St. Tavern
- 3rd Annual Business Is Blooming Event May 16 -18, 2014. Shop downtown during the Welcome to Spring event with the Business Is Blooming theme and you’ll see town-wide Sidewalk Sales, extended shopping hours on Friday and Saturday, Camden Garden Club’s Annual “Plant for Scholars” Plant Sale, a Pansy Planting Party at the Camden Library.
- Tom Rush playing in Boothbay Harbor. Event info here.
- Ale House String Band at Highlands Coffee House 7 p.m.
The DaPonte String Quartet at Lincoln County Theatre. Fri, May 16 @ 7:30PM
- Ghost of Paul Revere in Boothbay!! They play awesome folk/bluegrass. SUCH a good show. They are playing at Mine Oyster Raw Bar & gathering place. Show starts at 9 p.m. These boys are another one of my fave Maine bands. Check out my favorite song they play (‘Kodiak’) and some more info about them on my Listen Up page.
- Poetry Jam at Bell the Cat! Get there at 6:30 p.n. to sign up, chat, snack, get a cup of something tastey and then reading begins at 7 p.m.
Saturday, May 17
- Red Neck Pageant at Thompson Community Center, Union, 6:30 p.m. Fundraiser for New Hope for Women. They’ll have a DJ and apparently that women from the Marden’s commercials, ha. Cost is $10 in advance/ $15 at door. FMI and to get tickets or to apply to be a pageant contestant (there is a fee to compete) visit: http://sterlingpageant12.wix.com/redneckpageant Some of the categories are People of Walmart, hillbilly prom, etc. This sounds awesome.
- Trackside Station is having a Pirate Party. It’s a Captain Morgan’s promo night with DJ VJ. You gonna go? I think you Arrrrre. Get your booty to the barrrr. Hey, what’s a pirate’s favorite letter? You think it’d be R (arrgh) but it’s the C (Sea)!!
- The Vistas (Josh Nagle & Owen Cartwright) are playing at The Speakeasy, 8-11 p.m. Quantom ( Jason Dean) will open. Cost: $5.
- TOP has a DJ upstairs & Open Mic downstairs.
- Author Douglas W. Milliken will be reading from his novel ‘To Sleep as Animals’. And there will be music by Scott Sell. Event takes place at Assymetrick Art Gallery on Main St. in Rockland at 7 p.m.
- Vicky Andres and Max McFarland playing music at Rock City Cafe at 7 p.m.
- Smokestack has free pool, $4 coffee brandy, $5 Bloody Mary, $6 Mimosas.
- Comedianne Erin Donovan will be telling jokes at 7:30 p.m. at Camden Opera House.
- The Camden Farmers’ Market is from 9 to noon in the upper parking lot of old MBNA building (off Washington St).
- Whoopy Kat will be rockin’ the Myrtle this Saturday night, starting at 9 p.m Cost: $3.
- Blast Addicts are playing at Bowen’s Tavern in Belfast, 9 p.m. Cost: $5. 21+
Sunday, May 18
- Waterworks has $1 off draft beers all day.
- Mike Whitehead is playing at Highlands Cafe 1-3 p.m.
- Cupcake Challenge The Cupcake Challenge is a Rockland Kiwanis Club fundraiser at Trackside Station from 2-4 p.m. Come and enter your best cupcakes in the competition, or enjoy tasting all the different cupcakes! Free to enter cupcakes into the competition and only $10 to taste all the delicious treats and vote on your favorites! All proceeds to benefit the Knox County Homeless Coalition. Click for more information.
- Cribbage Night at 3 Crow in Rockland. You’ll get 15 percent off your bill if you’re playing cribbage. So, go grab some craft beers. Or do brunch. I hear they make a mean Bloody Mary!
- The FOG Bar and Café has Drink and Draw starting at 7 p.m. They supply art materials and there is a different theme each week. You also get to enjoy happy hour all night during the event. $2 off all drafts. So, another chance for craft beers! Also food specials on bar menu and $6 select cocktails like a Blackberry Cosmo (delish!)
- 50 cent wings at Rollie’s in Belfast.
- Rock Harbz has Sunday Funday for ya: $5 Bloody Mary’s, $2.50 Bud Light drafts, & half off wings.
- Stories of the Land and it’s People at The Strand at 1pm & Free Admission to the Farnsworth today. Go to strand for opening and then head to the Farnsworth for reception and to see student artwork from this collaborative project that works with kids from local schools to connect arts & learning. And it’s Art Museum Day, so free admission to Farnsworth for all!
You can also find my weekend listings on Pen Bay Pilot! Thanks for reading.