If you ate too much chocolate this weekend, well suck it up. You made your choices. But lucky for you, we’ve got a lot of music this week so there are plenty of opportunities for you to get out and dance and burn off some of those pesky holiday calories. Also this week, we’ve got Sox takin’ on Yankees. We’ve got Bruins doin’ the play off thang. And we’ve got plenty of neat ways to enjoy your spring break! Woohoo! My top picks: Will Mallett @ the Speakeasy Thursday. Rollie’s Comedy Club Saturday and Cooped Up Music Fest Saturday at Three Tides. But you’re your own person. You can pick what you wanna do. But seriously, you are going to want to be at the Speakeasy.
Monday, April 21
Sox at 11 a.m.
- Open Mic Night at Fog Bar & Cafe starts at 8 p.m. They’ve got happy hour prices all night and plenty of talented musicians to make for a fun evening.
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery at 7pm & Mug night. All you need: a few friends (5 or less per team), a silly team name (for some ideas check here or here (inappropriate content warning!). I’m partial to something like “win, lose or booze” or go for something clever.. Quiztopher Robin? Quizknows? The Wineknows? Ain’t No Party Like a JEO-Pardy! Get your wicked smaht team to the bah before 7 p.m., I recommend going early, but I don’t do that ’cause I’m late to everything. But if you go early and grab some dinner you’re doing good ’cause the prize for top 3 teams is different percents off your bill. Doesn’t cost anything to play.
- Monday Night Blues at Time Out Pub, 7-10 p.m. Get ready to get down with Johnny Rawls! Cost: $5. $5 Margaritas and $1 tacos. Also downstairs has free pool 6pm – close. & $1 PBRs 6pm on!!
- Trackside Station has $3 Margaritas all day and $3 Bud Light Lime-A Rita’s with souvenir glass.
- Hospitality Industry Night at Comida Latin Kitchen, Camden, 10% off if you work in service industry.
- Mexican Monday at Smokestack – $2 Tacos, $3 Coronas $4 Margaritas
- Montsweag‘s got $5 Burgers and Half Price Bottles of Wine for ya tonight.
- Rollie’s has $1 sliders on Mondays.
- Free pool at Front Street Pub.
- Strand Theatre
- Newcastle Publick House has $5 burger & fries, $2 pbr, $3 wine special.
- Louder Than a Bomb at Colonial Theatre, Belfast. highly recommend you check out the trailer for this one. It’s an award winning documentary about high school slam poetry teams. They are playing it for a fundraiser for Belfast Poetry Festival. Cost is $10. Free for students. Cash bar for those of us who.. no, it’s for all of us. Film starts at 7 p.m.
Tuesday, April 22 – Earth Day
Sox 7 pm.
- Open Mic Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery starts at 8:30 p.m. This is a very popular Open Mic. Lots of talented folks come out for this one. It’s a fun time!
- Newcastle Publick House Trivia Tuesdays 6:30 and 1/2 off well drinks.
- Open Mic from 7-9pm at Montsweag Roadhouse. Go do the Burger Challenge!
- 2 for Tuesdays at T.O.P. – 2 Well drinks for price of one until 6pm.
- Archer’s on The Pier: Tuesday & Thursday buy 1 get 1 1/2 off entrees.
- Rollie’s $1 Tacos, $5 Tall Rollie’s Margaritas.
- Delvino’s does 2 for Tuesday! Appetizer, salads, bread, pasta entrees, & dessert for 2 people! $19.99 for lunch, $29.99 for dinner. Yum!
- Tuesdays mean tacos at
- 3Crow. $2 Tacos. All different kinds of delicious varieties. All day.
- Restorative Justice Project Info Session – I’d kinda been considering this for a while. If you don’t know RJP, definitely go to their website to learn more. One of the ways to help their cause is to mentor someone as they transition back into society and as they go through the justice system. “Because we all deserve a second chance.” That just gets to me, you know? Mentor trainings will be on Tuesdays April 22, April 29 and May 6, from 6-8:30 p.m. at the Belfast UU (Unitarian Universalist Church of Belfast). Some food provided. FMI: hanlon@RJPmidcoast.org or 338-2742, ext. 103. I do tend to take on too much, but I had been considering doing this for a while, and it’s a great opportunity to learn more. Soo.. I might just be there. If the travel is too much for you, there will be a session at URock in June and a few others that might be closer to you. Check their training schedule or give them a call.
- Poetry Open Mic!! Yayy! I truly feel that we need more of these round these parts. This will be at Camden Public Library 7-9 p.m.
- Earth Day parade in Belfast starts at 1pm at boathouse.
- Rising Tide in Damariscotta has free coffee for anyone who walks or rides bike to store on Earth Day.
- Bowens Tavern has 99 cent tacos ,$ 1 pibbers (that’s what I call PBR.. I was sounding it out), Rolling Rock pints and free pool all day long. That’s more like my kinda Earth Day. What? Rolling Rock has a green bottle. I was thinking green. Geez.
Wednesday, April 23
Sox 7 pm.
- Whiskey Tasting and Dinner at the King Eider’s Pub. They are going to talk to you about the history, production, and taste of 6 different whiskeys. $35.00 includes education, tasting, and a light meal. Starts at 6:30 p.m. Seating is limited. Make your reservation by calling King Eider’s Pub 563-6008.
- All you can eat Spaghetti night at Rockland Cafe! I know you’ve been cravin’ it the pasta few days. Say Pasta La Vista to your gluten free diet already!
- Burritos As Big As Your HEDDA! I posted this mostly because of the clever event title, but let’s be honest, who doesn’t love the idea of delicious assemble-your-own gourmet burritos?! And you get to help raise money to support Hedda while she is unable to work due to injury! $10 suggested donation. First Universalist Church, 345 Broadway, Rockland. 6-8 p.m.
- Trivia @ The Badger. 7 p.m. Cost: $2 to play. Only two more weeks of Trivia for the season after this one. Coming up – Mon. April 28, The Badger will be doing a 5 course beer dinner. Reservations required, so make yours now!
- Trackside has buy 10 wings get 5 free.
- Poetry Reading at Rockport Library, 6:30 p.m.
- King Eider’s Pub – “Date Night in Damariscotta” Buy any dinner entrée and add a Lincoln Theater movie ticket for only $5.
- Rollie’s 3 for 1 nugz. Mmm, chicken nugs.
- Discount movie tickets to shows at The Colonial in Belfast on Sundays & Wednesdays, $5.
- Live music @ Newcastle Publick House
- Smokestack has 50 Cent Boneless or Bone-In Wings All Day!
- Wing Ding Wednesday at T.O.P. Translation: wings are 1/2 price all day at Time Out Pub. Pool Tourney @ 7pm, cash prizes.
- Eric Green is playing at Bowen’s Tavern at 7.
Thursday, April 24
Sox at 7 pm.
- Wine Tasting at Vinolio, Belfast 5-7 p.m.
- Allagash Release Party @ Rollie’s 6-8 p.m. Heck yesssssss! Why is Allagash so good?
- Novel Jazz plays at Skidompha Library in Damariscotta, 7-9:30 p.m. Cost: $14/$12 seniorsw/$6 ages 12-18/under 12 free.
- Bob “Croce” White to Perform at Savory Maine in Damariscotta. Bob is a big Jim Croce fan, so he’ll play a few of Croce’s songs like “Bad, Bad Leroy Brown” and some originals as well.
- Poetry Month Rockland is doing a poetry swarm with readings by a dozen-plus Maine poets and they will announce the winners of the 2014 Rockland Poetry Contest (you know, the contest you thought about entering but then didn’t bother) in the Friends Community Room of Rockland Public Library, 6-8 p.m., free.
- Will Mallett, of The Mallett Brothers Band @ The Speakeasy, 7 p.m. SO EXCITED! Be careful, when The Mallett’s played the strand this winter it was sold out show and a lot of people were left wishing they’d gotten their tickets in advance. So, to be safe, call up the speakeasy and make a reservation! For my lowdown on this show & some music vids go here.
- Live Music and Half Price Bottles of Wine at Montsweag Roadhouse.
- Archer’s on The Pier: Tuesday & Thursday buy 1 get 1 1/2 off entrees.
- Fajita Thursday at La Vida in Belfast. Buy one Fajita dinner, get one 50% off! All day!
- Celtic Band Jam on Thursdays at Bell the Cat in Belfast.
- Smokestack has Locals Day! $1 PBR’s, $2 Off Burgers and Sandwiches. Start with dinner and a few $1 pibbers and then head over to:
- Karaoke at Cuzzys!
- Live music @ Newcastle Publick House is Tom Rota & Friends. $6 martini special, $3 wine special.
- Open Mic @ Highlands! 6:30-9:30pm. Get there wicked early to sign up to play!
- In Good Company Food Journey is Vietnamese cuisine. $30. Call for reservations.
Friday, April 25
Sox at 7 pm
- Karaoke at The Myrtle St. Tavern! Starts at 9 p.m., 21+.
- Trackside has Trivia Night with Heath. This is a lot of fun! Bring a few friends, grab drinks / dinner and get ready for some fun competition. Cost: $1 per player.
- Yappy Hour at In Good Company 4:30-6 p.m.
- Smokestack has a DJ Isaac playins summer dance music starting at 9 p.m. for their Spring BEACH PARTY, no cover. The Bud Light Girls will have games, prizes and giveaways! ‘Cause who doesn’t love free Tshirts n thangs. They’ll also have a hula hoop contest. ‘Cause. Just ‘Cause. When you drop a hula hoop do you say “hoops”? like oops… 🙂
- All Play Bowling Alley in Waldoboro has galactic bowling 7-11 p.m. on Fridays. It costs $10 per person to bowl as many times as you like and your shoe rental is included in the price. And, if you make a reservation in advance, parties of 4 get a FREE pizza! Yay freebies!! Oh, and they have 3 pool tables, arcades, food and yes, they have beer. Have fun!
- Food & Farm Film Fest at F.A.R.M.S. Community Kitchen above Rising Tide in Damariscotta. More info here. 7pm. This week’s documentary is the next section of Weight of the Nation (click link for trailer).
- Open Mic at the Time Out downstairs.
- Night on the Town w/ Swing & Sway at The Speakeasy, 8-11 p.m. $10
- Wine & Photography Opening at Belfast Co-Op. Free wine tasting of and Marty Saccone’s photography exhibit opening, 7 to 9 p.m.
- LE VENT DU NORD Quartet – Live at the Strand starting at 7 p.m. Cost: $22 advance; $25 at door.
- Electronic Dance Party at The Highland Cafe, Thomaston, starts at 7 p.m. Quantam is the music for the evening.
- K2 Music Folk Night at K2 Music store, Camden, and an opportunity to record yourself playing (contact K2 in advance). Music is 6-8 p.m. These have been popular so far. Looks like a lot of fun!
- Midcoast Millenials Mentoring (M3) – M3 is a group to support young adults in the Midcoast area. Mentors include professionals from all different fields. First meeting will be held at University College at Rockland (URock), 91 Camden St., Rockland. FMI: firstname.lastname@example.org. Now, I think a professional mentor group is an excellent idea, I do not feel that having that group meet on a Friday night 5:30-7pm is a good idea. I guess it’s a ‘If I ran the zoo’ moment.
- Vagina Monologues at the Waldo Theatre Cost: $15. Call 832-6060 to reserve . Show starts at 7:30 and proceeds benefit some great causes like New Hope for Women.
- Boothbay Harbor Fisherman’s Festival this weekend.
Friday Night Entertainment:
8:30-11:30 p.m. at McSeagull’s: Johovah Stover and the Holy Mackerels
9 p.m. to 12 a.m. at Mine Oyster: In Too Deep
- Bowen’s Tavern, Belfast: Harold will be here playing music from 7 to close.
- Water Dog Tavern starts serving up the full menu today.
Saturday, April 26
Sox at 1:30 pm.
- The Old Blues Kats doing classic blues at Hatchet Mountain Publick House 6pm supper, Show starts at 7:30 pm. Call: 207-763-4565 for reservations.
- Opera at The Strand 1pm.
- Rollie’s Comedy Club with Johnny Ater. Tickets are $10 per person. Show starts at 8 p.m., but doors open at 6 p.m. so you can get some dinner & drinks first (because everything is funnier after a few drinks!).
- Boothbay Harbor Fisherman’s Festival this weekend.
- 8:30-11:30 p.m. McSeagull’s: The Boneheads
- 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. Mine Oyster: Krewe de Groove with special guest Douglas Gimbel
- The Speakeasy has Chamberlain 8-11 p.m. This is a rock n roll group from Bangor. They are playing at Belfast Music Fest during the day, so if you miss them, catch them at the Speakeasy.
- Mid Life Crisis @ Bowen’s 9pm. 21+ $ 5 cover. Great music.
- Phil Clement will be playing at the Whale’s Tooth Pub and Restaurant in Lincolnville on April 26 from 6-9 p.m. Great food, great music.
- Color Run 5k in Bangor!
- Musician Dave Martin @ Savory Maine, Damariscotta 6-8pm.
- Food & drink specials at Black Harpoon to celebrate their 1 year anniversary.
- Rock City Café hosts Miner’s Creek playing live music, 5-7 p.m., free.
- DJ at TOP upstairs. No Cover. 21+TOP downstairs has a pool tournament at 2 p.m. with cash prizes with drink specials & snacks, and then Karaoke at 8 p.m.!
- Trackside Station has a glow dance party with DJ VJ. Wear something that looks cool when it glows!
- Live music at Myrtle St. Tavern. 21+ $3 The band is Matt & The Barnburners!
- DJ at Front Street Pub, Belfast 9 p.m. – close.
- Free Range Music Fest at Three Tides in Belfast. Six bands playing music noon-11p.m.!! This is going to rock!! Cost $10. For the schdule, the lowdown on all the bands playing, etc., go here.
- Swing Dance at High Mountain Hall, April 26 with Midcoast Swing‘s Saturday Swing Series! The dance is open to all, all ages, all dancing abilties. Music is all kinds of swing music and other genres. Dance is 7-10 p.m. Admission is $7 and includes a beginner lesson, refreshments & door prizes. Sounds fun! Don’t wear street shoes. FMI: Katie Tranzillo at 203-915-9371
- Åarhus Gallery, Belfast, has a short film with Camden filmmaker Walter Ungerer at 7:30pm, with a Q&A after the show. FMI, 338-0001
- Contradance featuring Sassafras Stomp at the Thomaston Academy gym at 8 pm. Kim Roberts is calling the dance. FMI, 832-5584.
Sunday, April 27
Sox at 7 p.m.
- Drink Specials at Trackside:
- Sunday Night Blues at Time Out Pub. 6-9pm Cost $15 Anthony Gomes will be playing starting at 6 p.m. at T.O.P. Upstairs.
- T.O.P. downstairs has a pool tournament at 2 p.m. with cash prizes with $5 nachos & $5 Bloody Marys.
- Drink & Draw at The FOG. 7pm. Art materials supplied. Free. Happy Hour prices for drinks and things.
- $.50 Wings at Rollie’s.
- Sunday Night Salsa, Sundays, 7-8:30 p.m., Studio RED, 143 Rankin St., Rockland. Some lessons to get ya started. Beginners welcome. FMI: 593-7914
- King Eider’s Pub – Bloodys, Mimosas and Music, Music 1-3pm—Steve Jones, Scott Elliot and Paul Mellyn
- Belfast Bay Fiddlers do an open jam session every Sunday night at Waterfall Arts Belfast, 6-8pm. Open to all instruments and playing ability at. Anyone can go join to play or just to listen. FMI: 338-4245.
Other neat things:
- Mother’s Day Pampering Contest at Maine Today Tell them why your mom is so rad and she could win one heck of a spa day. Deadline to enter May 7.
- Mother’s Day Photo Contest at Pen Bay Pilot. Send them a picture of your mama and she could win $200 worth of prizes. Oh and we all get to vote on the best pics! Get pics in by May 2.
- Women! Sisterhood of Automotive Knowledge May 22nd, 6-8pm at Rockport Automotive. Prizes, snacks, and CAR STUFF. OMG. This is great! Jan says they’ll have cars in each bay of the garage and in each station we will learn about different things like service engine lights, how to check fluids, tire pressure, etc. Free event but you have to sign up. There are 40 spots and 25 are already taken! Call Jan 236-2431 or email her at email@example.com
Remember, you can also find my listings on the fabulous and informative Pen Bay Pilot!