Three cheers for sunshine! Three Tides for beer! Three days of weekend is not enough! So get out there and enjoy it! Here’s what’s happening:
Saturday, April 12, 2014
- Touch-a-Train Open House, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Rockland train station, 4 Union St. Touch vintage rolling stock (aka trains). Free, but donations for the restoration of the old trains gladly taken. April 12 is also Train Day at Owls Head Transportation Museum, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., with a talk by Russ Barber on “Steam and High Speed Rail in China Today.” at 1 p.m. Free.
- Rock City Café hosts Scotty Saints live music 5-7 p.m.
- Wine Tasting @ The Wine Seller, Rockland from 3:30 to 6:00 p.m. They will be pouring (I’ll quote from the pros cause I’m no Wino): ” A Grüner Veltliner (Grüvie!); a new 90+ wine (California Chard!); a Vino Spumante Rosé; dry Lambrusco for your antipasti; two fab single-vineyard wines from Chile–Pinot Noir and Cab Franc; a luscious, Rhône-style blend from South Africa; and a big, bold Priorat from Spain, of course.” And there will be plenty of delicious snacks! I don’t know about you but I’m tempted by that Pinot Noir!
- Butcher Demo at Maine Street Meats 3 p.m. free. They’re doing the whole pig
- Cappy’s monthly Shipyard Party followed by live music wtih Sam Grinnell! The fun starts with the Shipyard party from 4-6 p.m. There are free munchies, Shipyard giveaways and $1 off Draft Beer!
- Cappy’s has Sam Grinnell playing some tunes for ya in the Captain’s Lounge (upstairs bar), 6-9 p.m. He does some nice acoustic cover songs for you. I liked when he plays Brett Dennen!
- Arborea performs live at Asymmetick Arts, Rockland, starting at 8 p.m. Beautiful, eerie, ethereal vocals & electric guitar with banjo.Very impressive. Rolling Stone ‘Best Under-the-Radar Albums of 2011’ ‘Best Albums of 2013’ Acoustic Guitar Magazine. My recommendation for the night for anyone into music. Give them a listen on their facebook.
- Carolina Chocolate Drops at The Strand, 7:30 p.m. The Grammy-winning string band plays traditional Southern music from the 1920s and ’30s. Tickets are $25.
- DJ at Trackside for their 5th Anniversary Bash. 21+, No cover.
- Group Therapy at Rock Harbor.No, I don’t mean let’s all get a beer and talk about our exes. I mean the group of musicians playing music call themselves Group Therapy. It’s some of the talented folks from the Open Mic bringing us some tunes. So stop by to listen to some music, get yourself a beer, and then you can talk about your exes 😉
- The Jim Brown Band will take the stage at Bowen’s Tavern! Classic rock covers.
- DJ at TOP upstairs. No Cover. 21+TOP downstairs has a pool tournament at 2 p.m. with cash prizes with drink specials & free snacks, and then Karaoke!
- Live music at Myrtle St. Tavern. 21+, $3 cover. It’s Tomorrow Morning! Pop/Rock/reggae. Very fun, very danceable! Check them out on Reverbnation. And then get down to the Myrt, ’cause it’s going to be groovin’.
- The Speakeasy has The Blame Hounds 8-11 p.m., bringing lively blues/rock, country/rock, 21+, no cover. Give them a listen on Reverbnation.
- DJ at Front Street Pub, Belfast 9 p.m. – close.
- Free pool at the Smokestack. And something about sparkles. I forget.
- Finding Nebo!!
Sunday, April 13, 2014
- Drink Specials at Trackside:
- TOP downstairs has a pool tournament at 2 p.m. with cash prizes with $5 nachos & $5 Bloody Marys.
- Drink & Draw at The FOG. 7pm. Art materials supplied. Different theme each week. Free. Happy Hour prices for drinks and things.
- $.50 Wings at Rollie’s.
- Wing eating contest at Wiscassett General. The contest starts at 6:00 p.m. $5 entry fee. You will have 15 minutes to eat your wings. Winner gets to keep all the entry fee $ annnnd even gets a trophy. Call the store ahead of time to sign up for the contest.
- Live music at Archer’s. Noon-3 p.m. They have glasses of Cellardoor’s wine for $5.
- Sunday Night Salsa, Sundays, 7-8:30 p.m., at Studio RED, which you will find at 143 Rankin St., Rockland. Luckily, for us beginners, there will be some dancing instructions by Nohora Estes and Heuris Matos. FMI: 593-7914
- Landings has $5 Bloody Mary $5 Mimosa & $5 Baileys & coffee. I’d get outta bed for that.
- Sunday—Bloodys, Momosas and Music, Music 1-3 p.m. King Eider’s
- Hugh O’Doherty at Harbor Square Gallery, Rockland 1 p.m. It’s the gallery right on Main St., the one you can go up to the roof of and look at Main St. If you’ve never done that, you really should!
- Egg hunt at Willow Bake Shoppe – No not for you, for your kids. Geez. But you can get some donuts while you’re there. 10:15 a.m. Eggs will contain the usual treats, but some will contain special prizes like Donut Ball & Donut vouchers, Kids Shirt, Kids Hat, and a Gift Certificate!
- April 26th, Rollie’s Comedy Club $10. Call or message Rollie’s on Facebook to reserve tix. Get your tickets!
- Spose & Rustic Overtones – Friday, April 18 at 7:30pm – 10:30pm. Tickets are $12 in advance – $15 at the door. Seriously, get your tickets. Rustic sold out last time they came to town.
- The Belfast Free Range (Mini) Music Fest at Three Tides & Marshall Wharf also on April 26th. 21+ $10 for the whole day 6 bands. More info on Free Range Music Fest click here. Tickets here. I’m not kidding, get your tickets. You are not going to want to miss this!
- And Will Mallett!!
- Halfway to Halloween costume party/Drinko de Mayo party Saturday, May 3rd at Rock Harbor. What are you going to wear for a costume?
- For more upcoming events check the Calendar page!