I was at P.A.W.S. Animal Adoption Center in Camden playing with the cats last weekend because my Little sister likes them. I don’t even like cats. But then I saw this one cat, and, no lie, I almost adopted it right then. Annnd, I’m single.
And then this morning, I was at Zoot getting some coffee, and I noticed the cups… Let’s just say I’m feelin’ a latte like the little cup lately. 😛
OK, OK. Patience is a virtue. Apparently, some of us are not virtuous. JK JK! You’re all fabulous. But, if you’re eager to know what’s happening this weekend, you don’t have to be patient any longer, here’s what’s coming our way!
Thursday, April 10, 2014
- The Postman Cometh plays live music to accompany dinner at The Speakeasy, 8-10 p.m.
- Makeup Party at RHEAL Day Spa from 5-7:30 p.m. Prepare to be spoiled – drinks & nibbles from In Good Company. Last time I went to one of their events I had a great time. It’s a lovely shop. For Rheal. 🙂 But seriously, if you’ve never been in, I highly recommend dropping by to see what you’re missing. Try to get there early. There will be a wait to sample different services. But of course, mingling and exploring the spa with wine & snacks isn’t a bad way to spend the afternoon while you wait to sample their lovely products. Enjoy!
- King Eider’s has entertainment in the Pub 7 -9 p.m., Mug Club and Wine Club. Eider gone last week, but I couldn’t make it. 😀
- Rollie’s has $2 Bud Lights all day. Happy Hr is 3-6pm so $2 domestic drafts, $2.50 crafts & imports. 1/2 price well drinks and wine. Sox play at 7pm.
- Savory Maine in Damariscotta Brian Cullen 6-8pm
- Free pool at TOP
- Karaoke at Cuzzys! Always fun!
- Celtic Band Jam, Thursdays, Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- Smokestack has Locals Day – $1 PBRs & $2 Off Burgers and Sandwiches
- Live music by Paul Mellyn at Newcastle Publick House and $6 Martini special, $3 Wine special.
- Monstweag Roadhouse: Live Music by Steve Vellani in the pub and Half Price Bottles of Wine.
- Open Mic @ Highlands Coffee House! 6-9pm. Get there at 5:30 pm to sign up to play.
- In Good Company has another Food Journey for you. $30 per person. It’s Ethiopian food this time. Too cool! Here’s this week’s menu:
Sambusas – Fried Lamb Turnovers
Kochkocha – A type of Salsa Verde
Butecha – Chick Pea Polenta Salad
Yemesir- Lentil Wat
Fiyyel Wat – Goat Stew
Gomen – Collards
Kitfo – Beef Tartar
Ayib – Cooling Cheese
Friday, April 11, 2014
- Yappy Hour at In Good Company 4:30-6 p.m.
- Smokestack has a DJ starting at 9 p.m., no cover. $3 Cosmo and Martinis, $4 Sex on The Beach.
- All Play Bowling Alley in Waldoboro has galactic bowling 7-11 p.m. on Fridays. It costs $10 per person to bowl as many times as you like and your shoe rental is included in the price. And, if you make a reservation in advance, parties of 4 get a FREE pizza! Yay freebies!! Oh, and they have 3 pool tables, arcades, food and yes, they have beer. Have fun!
- Pecha Kucha @ Watts Hall, Thomaston (right on Main St.). 20 images x 20 seconds each & the artist talks about their work. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. It begins at 7 p.m., light snacks, $5.
- Food & Farm Film Fest at F.A.R.M.S. Community Kitchen above Rising Tide in Damariscotta. More info here. 7pm. This week’s documentary is: Vegucated. Watch as three meat eaters see what life is like as vegans. Take a date. You’ll have fun. Even if you’ve never met herbivore. 🙂
- Karaoke at the Myrtle St Tavern, 9 p.m., 21+. Go belt it out!!!
- Open Mic at the Time Out downstairs.
- The Wayne Delano Quartet will be jazzin’ up The Speakeasy, 8-11 p.m. No cover.
- The annual Poets & Fools Costume Ball at Waterfall Arts, Belfast. The band is Merther from Blue Hill. They’ll be doing some psychedelic dub funk jams. (Click the link and you can listen to some funk songs on their facebook). Doors at 6. $8. Costumes!!
- Savory Maine has live music 6-8 p.m.
- Raggaefest at Sugarloaf this weekend.
- Phil Clement playing music at the Whale’s Tooth Pub and Restaurant.
- Trackside Station has a costumer appreciation happy hour from 4:30 -7 p.m. They are celebrating their 5th anniversary this weekend. There’s free food and they give out prizes. I never win though 😦 But generally whoever I go to the event with wins something. T-Shirts, beer promo stuff, etc. It’s fun. This time they say they will have some Boston Red Sox items to giveaway and cupcakes from Laugh Loud Smile Big, which I can tell you, are A-maaazing.
- Roundtop Coffee House & Open Mic put on by The Damariscotta River Association. Round Top Coffee House open mic invites musicians, singers, poets and other performers to sign up and take the stage. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. The open mic is 6:45 to 8:15 with 8 minute two song slots. with a 15-minute break before the feature act from 8:30 to 9:30. Gunther Brown is the main act. He’ll be performing original songs that have a mellow sing/songwriter feel and a fun Americana/folk feel that’ll get ya moving. Admission is $6 or bring home-baked goods for free admission. Event is at DRA’s Round Top Farm, 3 Round Top Lane in Damariscotta. I love this venue. Give the band a listen on spotify or on their facebook player. I definitely highly recommend this event!
Hey look! Summer’s on its way! The lineup for North Atlantic Blues Fest is here.
Also — Things I ponder occasionally –
- When is Rockland going to get a Green Drinks?
- And since Spoken Word Night was such a hit at Rock City last week, why don’t we have more events like it? I know we have a lot of talented writers around these parts. Would anyone be interested in starting something like Word Portland?
C’mon local twenty somethings, let’s show Rockland what’s up!