Are you ready for Spring?!!? Here it comes! Ah, baseball season. The first signs of spring. Opening Day holds a special place in my heart. There’s a certain magic to the sport, the excitement, the feeling like a kid again, the peaceful reassurance that summer is on its way. Nothing makes me feel so patriotic as good ol’ American baseball, a cold beer and a hot day. So get ready. Get yourself to the bar on opening day. Get your fantasy league all set up. Do what you gotta do. ‘Cause here comes Spring. Finally!
Sunday, March 30
Bruins are on at 12:30! Sports! Also, when there is a NCAA Basketball game on Buds/Budlights are $2 at Waterworks. How’s your bracket doing? The upsets are finally upsetting me. I’m in first place in my office pool tho! For now.
- Drink & Draw at the Fog. 7-11pm. Art supplies.. supplied – ha. Drink specials, happy hour prices all night. Lots of fun!
- Bottomless Mimosas ($6) & Bloody Marys ($5) at Smokestack. Yay bargains!
- Bargains at Trackside too.
- Cribbage Night at 3Crow. 15% off your bill if you play. Cards & cribbage sets provided.
- Rock Harbor Sunday Specials -$5 Bloody Marys, 2.50 Bud Lights and half priced wings.
- Pool Tourney @ Time Out Pub. 2pm. Cash prizes. $5 Bloody Marys $5 Nachos.Pretty tasty Bloodys, I must say.
- “Toxic Hot Seat” 2 p.m. at the Strand Theatre. FREE. The documentary on flame-retardant chemicals and what Maine is doing about it. Q&A with Kirby Walker, maker of the HBO film; Hannah Pingree, former speaker of the Maine House of Representatives; Mike Belliveau of the Maine-based Environmental Health Strategy Center; and Ross Endicott, who designs flame retardant-free furniture. Click the link for the trailer.
- Good day for a movie. Colonial Theatre in Belfast has Carmen, french Opera. Oh la la. 1:30pm. So cool that we have live theatre like this. Also, discount movie tickets to shows at The Colonial in Belfast on Sundays & Wednesdays. $5.
- $3 Fireball shots during college basketball. See you there.
- 3Crow does Brunch today! 10-2pm
Monday, March 31
- It’s Opening day at Fenway! Watch some Sox! Game is on at 3pm. Sounds like a good excuse to hit Happy Hour. Check out the Happy Hour page for the lowdown on the happy hour discounts around town. My pick? Probably Park St. Grille. Get a half price Margarita, some nacho chips and watch the game. HH 4-5:30pm 1/2 price beers & house
- King Eider’s Pub is having an Opening Day of Baseball Party at the Pub. And they have a pair of Boston Red Sox Tickets to giveaway! And there will be FREE hot dogs, peanuts, popcorn and crackerjacks. Let’s go!!
- Public Skate at MRC! It’s your last chance to get on the Ice for this season! Bittersweet. Public Skate today: 12:00 – 2:00 pm – ( free hot chocolate to our multi-pass users). Public Skate again at 5:30 – 7:30 pm – free giveaways and Chuck-A-Puck for a chance to win skate passes for the 2014/2015 season! Yay!
- Open Mic Night at Fog Bar & Cafe 8 pm Last week there was an upright bass, drums, keyboard, and even a saxophone! Come join the fun & enjoy happy hour prices all night.
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery 7pm & Mug night. To learn more, click here for a past post I did on this.
- Monday Night Blues at Time Out Pub, 7-10pm, $10. The band this week is Toni Lynn Washington. An old great blues singer. Listen on her myspace. More info on the show here if you have a village soup account. Also downstairs has free pool 6pm – close. & $1 PBRs 6pm on!!
- Hospitality Industry Night at Comida Latin Kitchen, Camden, 10% off if you work in service industry.
- Margarita Monday at Trackside. $3 ‘Ritas. Another good option for watching Opening Day. They’ll have the Sox game in surround sound and on the giant 150-inch screen and on the other TVs. They’ve got Tall Bud Light Drafts for the price of a small and $6 Green Monster mixed drinks! Don’t forget to check the Happy Hour page to see what happy hour discounts await 4-6pm. Enjoy!
Tuesday, March 32nd, April Fools!! April 1st !
- Open Mic Night at Rock Harbor Pub & Brewery 8:30
- Newcastle Publick House Trivia Tuesdays 6:30
- Poetry Month starts with “Windows, Doors & Mirrors” Art Exhibit Opening, 5-7pm at Rockland Public Library. Check out what the Rockland Library has going on throughout the month here.
- Open Mic from 7-9pm at Montsweag Roadhouse. Go do the Burger Challenge!
- Trackside is doing happy hour all day! All drafts $3, well drinks $4 and 10% off appetizers – just say that you saw the promo on facebook to get the deal! (Tell ’em you saw it on The Lemonade Lowdown too! )
- 2 for Tuesdays at T.O.P. – 2 Well drinks for price of one until 6pm.
Spoon (the Fro Yo shop) says you ought to stop in today to try a free sample of their newest treat! Slushies. Right on. As long as the weather doesn’t get slushy again, I’m ok with it. Also, they have yummy fro yo & soups & more.
- Bowen’s: Happy Hour 2 till 6. 99 cent tacos, $ 1 pbr, rolling rock pints and free pool all day long.
- Rollie’s $1 tacos.
- Front St Pub Bring a friend and buy 1 burger & get the second 1/2 off! Yum!
- Tuesdays mean tacos at 3Crow. You can’t beat their $2 Tacos. All different kinds of delicious varieties.
Wednesday, April 2
- All you can eat Spaghetti night at Rockland Cafe! Don’t judge me and I won’t judge you… 🙂
- Trivia @ The Badger. 7pm $2 to play
- No open mic at Speakeasy until summertime.
- Rollie’s $1 Boneless Wings, Harpoon Hump Day $2 Drafts
- Ladies, need a hump day pick me up? The Angela Austin Beauty Lounge in Searsport is having an anniversary party from 12:00pm to 8pm. There will be bareMinerals makeup fitting by appointment, chair massage, sales/discounts, giveaways, food, drinks, just stop in for some fun! More info here.
- Also, discount movie tickets to shows at The Colonial in Belfast on Sundays & Wednesdays. $5.
- Live music @ Newcastle Publick House
- Wine Down Wednesday at Trackside. Glass of wine for $4.50 all day. Don’t mind if I do.
- Eric Green playing music at Bowen’s Tavern.
- Wing Ding Wednesday at T.O.P. Translation: wings are 1/2 price all day at Time Out Pub. Pool Tourney @ 7pm, cash prizes.
Thursday, April 3
- The Postman Cometh @ Speakeasy Thu, April 3, 8pm – 10pm
- David Dodson with John and Rachel Nicholas perform at downtown Camden Public Library. Cost: $8. folk rock & blues
- Savory Maine.Kathi Nordone plays folk, country, gospel.
- Poets Reading, 6 p.m., Rockland Library, poets: Dave Morrison, Christopher Fahy, Alan Clark and Kristen Lindquist.
- Mud Season Mid-Day Munchies 11am – 2pm $45/$55 Cooking Class with Fabulous Kerry Altiero of Cafe Miranda.
- Free pool at TOP
- Wine! Rayr wine shop has wine! Go try some 🙂 4-6pm
- Karaoke at Cuzzys!
- Nukulele Unplugged @ The Front Street Pub
- MaineStream Finance has a FREE class to help you learn about starting or growing a business in Belfast on Thursday evening, April 3, It’s the first of 7 sessions of The Hatchery classes at the Belfast Free Library. It runs from 7 to 8:30 PM. They’d like you to register at http://bit.ly/1ftEkoU or just show up.
- Live music @ Newcastle Publick House
- Open Mic @ Highlands! 6-9pm. Get there at 5:30 pm to sign up to play.
- In Good Company Food Journey. This week they are taking us to Sicily
Insalata Di Aranci
Pasta Con le Sarde –Pasta Sardines with Bucatini
Coniglio Dei Nebrodi in Agrodolce-Sweet and Sour Rabbit
Frittedda – Vegetable Stew
Gelato al Pistacchio
Nzuddi – Almond Biscuits
Remember to get your tickets to see Ellis Paul & Chris Ross at the Camden Opera House this weekend!!
Check out new classes at High Mountain Hall. Would ya’ll like me to list dance/yoga/spin/fitness classes/groups as well? Comment and let me know if you think that would be useful.