I’m calling this March Madness not because I like basketball – I don’t – but do remember to get your brackets all squared away. No, I’m calling it March Madness ’cause I’m pretty darn upset that it’s still so cold out. April better hurry up and get here!!
Here’s what there is to do around the Rockland area this week:
Monday, March 17 – Saint Patrick’s Day!
- Newcastle Publick House – Irish food. Drink specials. Traditional Irish Music featuring Aiden Robinson, David Stimson & Tamora Goltz, 5-8pm.
- Pitch Black Ribbons will be our live music for the evening at The Narrows Tavern to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day. Food and drink specials fit for any Irishman. Jigs and reels will have you on your heels! Come dressed in green! 7pm on.
- Saint Patrick’s Day Craft Beer Tasting at Megunticook Market 4-6pm. Just stop in, say hello, and try free samples of some of the great New Craft Beers we have in stock! Featuring New, In Stock Craft Beers:Rogue Irish Lager,Brooklyn Beers – Silver Anniversary, Local 2, Sorachi Ace, Innis & Gunn – Oloroso Cask ( 21 + )
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbor! They are doing trivia from 7-8:30 or so as usual. So come in, wear green, eat something Irish, drink something green and hope you have the luck of the Irish on your side, ’cause competition has been stiff lately.
- 2 Dollar Pistol @ Rock Harbor. No cover. But you may need to have some Guinness or an Irish Car Bomb.
- A Happy St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at The Whale’s Tooth Pub and Restaurant starting at 5.15 PM. Live Irish music and sing-a-long with the T’OMally Brothers (vocals, guitar, piano and violin). Famous Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner. Reservations appreciated and you’re probably S.O.L. if you don’t make them: (207)789-5200
- Three Tides in Belfast is having a St. Paddy’s Party. Singing, dancing & drinking, what more do you need?
- Front Streeet Pub in Belfast has a DJ and all kinds of green drinks and fun for you starting at 9pm.
- If you feel like a drive: Danu plays traditional Irish music. That’d probably be neat. I’ll probably just enjoy a green beer. But, you might like this:
- Live music at Hatchet Mountain Publick House: Rovin’ Mick O’Flynn & Friends, 7-10. Irish food. Paddy Pints for Pachyderm fundraiser for Hope Elephants.
- Trackside Station – $3 Guinness, $3 Green Bud Light Drafts and $7 Irish Long Islands – If you’re hungry, they have brined & braised corned beef with cabbage and potatoes.
- Last but not least — Monday Night Blues at the good ol’Time Out Pub! Bobby Messano 7-10pm ($10) Get out and dance! $5 Margaritas and $1 Tacos today. Free Pool all day and starting at 6pm $1.00 PBRs.
- Open Mic at FOG Bar & Cafe 8:30 on
- King Eider’s Pub Enjoy a Guinness today and take the glass home with you. 1 per customer. I don’t even like Guinness. Yet, I’m tempted to stop in. May just do that. Hah.
Tuesday, March 16, 2014
- Taco Tuesday at 3Crow! $2 Tacos. And, well, I don’t know if you’ve tried the tacos at 3Crow, but just like the rest of their food, they’re amazing. All different kinds to choose from, steak, pulled pork, chicken, chorizo, black bean & brussel sprout, squash & pineapple… I want to try the haddock taco. Heck, I want to try them all!
- 2 for Tuesdays at Time Out Pub. 2 Well Drinks for the price of one until 6pm. Yay bargains!
- Open Mic at Rock Harbor. 8pm on. Lively tunes, lots of talent, good beer, great crowd. Get March Madness brackets in by Thursday at noon! I can’t remember. I think it’s $10 to play. Big winnings if you’re insanely lucky or really into sports.
- Trackside has a Community Dinner & Silent Auction from 5-8
- Smokestack Kids Eat FREE with the Purchase of an Entree. Remember to get your March Madness Brackets in!
- Taco Tuesday at Rollie’s means $1 Tacos. Happy Hour is 3-6.
- Montseag Roadhouse has Open Mic from 7-9pm & it’s Mug Club night.
- Tuesday means it’s happy hours ALL DAY at Front Street Pub in Belfast.
- Bell the Cat in Belfast has open mic.
- Trivia Night at Newcastle Publick House.
- It’s 2 for Tuesday bargains at Delvino’s! Appetizer, salads, bread, pasta entrees, & dessert for 2 people! $19.99 for lunch $29.99 for dinner.
- Public Skate at MRC 12-2pm, M-F, and 3-5pm Tues & Thurs. And Friday is stick & puck skate again where you can take your hockey gear on the ice 3:20-5:20. Yay! Check this week’s schedule at MRC here. Also, check out this wicked cool video that was put together by Corinna Halloranna who was doing a project through Maine Media Workshop and focused on the MidCoast Women’s Ice Hockey squad. See if you can spot me in the video. Let me know if you’re interested in skating with us next year!! It’s a blast!
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
- Live music: Will & Doug at Newcastle Publick House. Also it’s Mug night.
- Trackside Wine down Wednesday at Trackside. $4.50 house wine.
- Smokestack Wing Day!! 50 Cent Boneless or Bone-In Wings All Day!
- Family Movie Night, Wednesdays, Bell the Cat, Belfast.
- You know I love bargains. So I’ve got a good one for you. Enjoy lunch or dinner at King Eider’s Pub on a Wednesday and you can get a movie ticket to Lincoln Theatre show for $2.00. The tickets can be used for any upcoming movies. Lincoln Theatre isn’t playing anything this week, but you can check out the upcoming showings here and plan for another week. Sorry, no Lego Movie in 3D, but you will find Pulitzer prize winning play, Oscar nominated performances and so on.
- Open Mic at The Speakeasy 8pm – 11pm.
- The Badger Cafe & Pub (Union) Does trivia night on Wednesdays through April. Starts at 7pm. Come at 6/6:30pm if you want to get dinner first. Teams can’t be bigger than 5 people, and it costs $2 a person to play.
- Rockland Cafe has ALL YOU CAN EAT Spaghetti on Wednesdays. Now, I’ve never gone to this… But I probably should. Probably going to need a wheel borrow to get me out of there though.
- Bowen’s Tavern live music. Eric green is playing at 7. No cover.
Thursday, March 20, 2014
- Live music: Tom Rota & Friends at Newcastle Publick House
- Highlands Coffee House – Open Mic Night at Highlands Coffee House 6-9pm every Thursday. Get there by 5pm to sign up. It’s popular. Very talented group of local musicians frequent this one. It’s been busy over there lately so they recommend you come early get a table, sign up to play, check out the drink specials and you will have a blast!
- Karaoke at Cuzzy’s. They tell me it’s their busiest night over there. So get on over there and join them!
- Mitch Alden at Monstweag Roadhouse 6pm
- Rusty Hinges will be performing at Savory Maine Dining & Provisions, Damariscotta. 6 – 8pm.
- Smokestack: Locals Day! $1 PBR’s, $2 Off Burgers and Sandwiches
- Fresh in Camden is reopening for the season. Yay signs of Spring! Come get your Mediterranean fix. Here is their menu:
- Need a vacation? How about In Good Company‘s Food Journey? This week is BBQ across America: Texas, Kansas City, Memphis and Carolina. Now that sounds like a trip I want to take! $30 per person. Make reservations.