Ughhh, Monday. There is a reason that no one says TGIM. It’s because they’re saying TGISS (Tell God It’s Second Sunday). Or maybe that’s just me. Lucky you, it’s restaurant week, so you can pamper yourself with a 3 course meal! For more info and menus of local participating restaurants, see my blog post here.
And if you’ve still got the Monday Blues, don’t worry, ’cause we’ve got some music tonight so you can come out and shake it off! Here is the rundown for Monday through Wednesday.
Monday, March 3rd, 2014
- Monday Night Blues at Time Out Pub. 7-10pm Tinsley Ellis Cost: $15 This is going to be a good one!
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbz. Starts at 7pm. Come around 6/6:30, get dinner, and stay for the fun. No cost to play. Winners get % off their bill and pride, lots of pride. In fact, last week my team came in SECOND PLACE, woo! Look at that proud pack of panthers:Also! Monday means it’s Mug Club Night at RH. That’s $1 off your beer and discounted appetizers for mug clubbers. I’ll do a post soon about what being in the mug club is like.
- FOG Bar & Cafe Open Mic night. 8pm & it’s Happy Hour all night! $2 off all drafts, blackberry cosmo, backriver gin and tonic, dark n’ stormy $6 and lots of yummy bar snacks & small plates… I love yummy bargains, especially when they involve backriver gin! This is sure to be fun. If you’ve got some buddies that want to play, drag them down and see if you can BEER PRESSURE them into playing. It’s like peer pressure, but it’s stronger.
- $3 Margaritas at Trackside
- $4 Margaritas & $3 Corona at Smokestack
- Trivia Night at King Eider’s Pub in Damariscotta
- Portland: Avett Brothers & Old Crow Medicine Show playing at Cumberland County Civic Center! Doors at 6:30. Tix here. Or at least listen to them at home and pretend you’re there. Avett Bros rock some traditional folk, blue grass, pop, rock, country. If you ever feel the urge to head down to Portland for a night of good music, tonight is the night because after the Avett’s North of Nashville & Ghost of Paul Revere have free shows, and we all know how I feel about Ghost of Paul Revere. Read my review of them here.
- Lewiston: Josh Ritter The Olin Arts Center at Bates College 7:30. Tickets here. This sounds fabulous. Wish I had more time to go to all these events I write about!!
- Portland: North of Nashville at Port City for FREE! 10pm (Avett Bros after party!)
- Portland: Ghost of Paul Revere playing, also FO FREE at Brian Boru 10pm. 21+
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
- Taco Tuesday at 3Crow! Last week they sold 40 tacos in the first 40 minutes! These babies are delicious. And bargains are delicious too. Tacos are just $2. It’ restaurant week so they may be busy and these lil mamas are popular, so come early to make sure you get one (or three)!
- 2 for Tuesdays at Time Out Pub. 2 Well Drinks for the price of one until 6pm. Not too shabby for you bargain shoppers. If you’re an early bird, don’t forget to get the lowdown on your Happy Hour options.
- Open Mic at Rock Harbor. Starts around 9pm. Certainly the liveliest open mic in town. Check the Open Mic Page to see the write up on all of them.
- Trackside has $6 Chicken nugs at lunch time, dine in only.
- Smokestack Kids Eat FREE with the Purchase of an Entree
- Brett Dennen playing fun acoustic folky rock at the State Theatre in Portland. I bet this show will be an absolute blast. Tix here. Cost $25.
- Camden Public Library is having a potluck supper and movie night playing “FernGully: The Last Rainforest” 5:30-7pm. Bring your kiddo. They have divided up who brings main dish, salad, or desert alphabetically by last name so call up the Library to find out what you’re supposed to bring.
- Taco Tuesday at Rollie’s means $1 Tacos. Happy Hour is 3-6. Head to the Happy Hour page for more info about happy hour offerings.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
- Smokestack Wing Day!! 50 Cent Boneless or Bone-In Wings All Day!
- Trivia Night at the Badger in Union, Starts at 7, $2 a person to play, come around 6/6:30 if you want dinner.
- You know I love bargains. So I’ve got a good one for you. Enjoy lunch or dinner at King Eider’s Pub on a Wednesday and you can get a movie ticket to Lincoln Theatre show for $2.00. The tickets can be used for any upcoming movies. Lincoln Theatre isn’t playing anything this week, but you can check out the upcoming showings here and plan for another week. Sorry, no Lego Movie in 3D, but you will find Pulitzer prize winning play, Oscar nominated performances and so on.
- Open Mic at The Speakeasy 7 p.m. Guitar, drums, electric piano, sound system and stage available.
- Stress Reduction Session: Reflexology, Ear Acupuncture, Chair Massage at Knox County Health Clinic, 22 White St. (First floor of Bok Medical Building behind Rockland Public Library) Every Wednesday. Free/donations. 4:15pm Call 594-6993 for more info.
- Wednesday Dancing for Fun is on hiatus until Spring time 😦 This group is a lot of fun. I will miss them. But will keep ya posted for their return!
- Live music at Newcastle Publick House.
- Time Out Pub – Wings are 1/2 price all day. Happy Hour 4-6pm
- Rollie’s — 3 boneless wings for $1, HH 3-6pm. $2 domestic drafts, $2.5 Craft and Imports, $5 Well and half price wine by the glass.
- Trackside – Wine Down Wednesday. All house wine $4.50 all day.
- Free Printmaking class, 5-7pm at Waterfall Arts. Belfast. This is their new studio. Go check it out and let them know Rockland misses them.