Whoa. What a weekend. I’m wiped out. Good day to sit down and relax a bit. We’ve got a sox game at 1pm. And all kinds of drink specials going on around town. And don’t forget it’s National Hockey Weekend, so tune in to Bruins game at 7pm. I’ll be on the ice tonight – here I am in my hockey getup 🙂
Also, if you’re planning to watch the Oscars tonight, check out what the Strand has going on – it was a blast last year!
Sunday March 2, 2014
1. Watch the Oscars Live at The Strand. Free. Lots of fun to see the presenters on the big screen. Feels like you’re there! Fun to dress up for this as well. Balcony is open for the 21plusers who want to pay the bar a visit. Doors open at 7. Awards begin at 8pm. Last year they had a red carpet and they gave out prizes on the commercial breaks. Also, if you haven’t yet, remember their are Oscar ballots currently available in the Strand lobby. Everyone can go in and submit winner predictions at any time before the start of the awards show at 8pm on March 2; correct predictions go in a drawing for a 10-Movie Pass Card ($75 value).
2. Drink Specials at Trackside:
3. Drink Specials at Smokestack: Bottomless Mimosas$6, Bloody Marys $5
4. Myrtle has Pool Tournament at 2pm. Cost is $5 to play, cash prizes for winners.
5. Drink & Draw at The FOG bar & Cafe. 7pm For more info check out an old post I did with pictures here.
6. Cribbage Night at 3Crow. 15% off your bill if you play. Cards & cribbage sets provided.
7. Rock Harbs Sunday Specials -$5 Bloody Marys, 2.50 Bud Lights and half priced wings
8. Jazz Jam at Highlands Coffee House today 1-3:30pm
9. Don’t forget, it’s Maine Restaurant Week. Set up your reservations ASAP. Read the post below this to see menus from local participating restaurants.
10. It’s race day at Rollie’s in Belfast. Whoever guesses the winner gets a Buffalo 24 appetizer. $5 Pitchers of Miller Lite today.
11. Annual Belfast Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) & Community Supported Fishery (CSF) Fair in celebration of local food. Meet your local Fisherman & Farmers. 1-3pm.