Rested & ready to go. Let’s wrap up this Monday work day and get ready to rock n roll tonight.
What’s going on this week? Here are the events for Monday -Wednesday:
- Billy’s Tavern is closing. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m really bummed out. On March 6th the space will re-open as The Water Dog Tavern, run by the folks from The Waterworks. It will be open for lunch and dinner and they will continue the Mug Club and THANK GOODNESS they plan to keep the live music events. I hope you can all make a trek to Thomaston for one last Billy’s dinner or a goodbye drink. Call it Saint Practice Day if you gotta, cause St. Paddy’s day is right around the corner and this Irish Pub deserves a good send off. The bar will be open every night this week Monday through Friday.
- Trivia Night at Rock Harbz. Starts at 7pm. Come around 6/6:30, get dinner, and stay for the fun. No cost to play. Winners get % off their bill and pride, lots of pride. Win or lose it’s fun. And this is coming from the girl who comes in second to last place every week! Also! Monday means it’s Mug Club Night at RH. Yay bargains!
- FOG Bar & Cafe Open Mic night. 8pm
- Monday Night Blues at Time Out Pub. Willie J Lewis Band 7-10pm, $10 – $5 Margarita Mondays & $1 Tacos
- Cappy’s Chowder House is having a celebration/memorial for Brian Walsh tonight 4-6pm on the upper deck/Captain’s lounge. Facebook event page here.
- $3 Margaritas at Trackside
- $4 Margaritas & food specials at Smokestack
- Annnd, if you’re in the mood for something more and don’t mind the drive – I recommend checking out Anna Lombard playing at Slates in Hallowell tonight starting at 8pm.$15.00 Anna has a beautiful voice and some hauntingly beautiful sad songs.
- Tuesday: Taco 2’s day at 3Crow– New $2 taco menu with 9 varieties and $2 off special Tequila and Mezcal cocktails!
- 2 for Tuesdays at Time Out Pub. 2 Well Drinks for the price of one until 6pm. Not too shabby for you bargain shoppers. If you’re an early bird, don’t forget to get the lowdown on your Happy Hour options.
- Open Mic at Rock Harbor. Starts around 9pm. Certainly the liveliest open mic in town. Check the Open Mic Page to see the write up on all of them.
- Trackside has Hot Chocolate spiked with Whipped Cream Vodka on special today for $5.50.
- Go to MRC to watch the CHRHS varsity hockey team as they take on Maranacook/Winthrop at 3:20 pm today in a regional playoff game! Dress warm. I think it’s something like $5 to get in? Lot’s of fun! Go Windjammers!
- Munchies & Mingling at 40 Paper Italian Bistro & BarTuesday, February 25, 5-7pm
- Open Mic at The Speakeasy 8-11pm. I hear from a certain friendly, neighborhood pirate, that the Open Mics at The Speakeasy are starting to pick up steam. They have guitar drumset and more. Mostly hearing folk/rock. Marcus gets on the drumset to jam. Blind Albert has stopped in to play before.
- Trackside has Wing Wednesday! Buy 10 Wings and you get 5 more FREE! Some flavah flaves to try: BBQ, Teriyaki, Sweet Chili, Buffalo or 5 Alarm. Offer is there all day long, so the Wings are ready for you when you get outta work.
- Time Out Pub – Pool Tournement, 7pm
- Dancing for Fun Winter Wednesdays at Highlands Coffee House, 7:30-9pm.
- Cappy’s Chowder House has a Fundraiser. Eat dinner at Cappy’s any Wednesday from Jan. 8 – March 19th from 5-9pm and Cappy’s donats up to half of food sales for that night to Trekkers.
- Smokestack Grill has Wing Day! 50 Cent Boneless or Bone-In Wings All Day! Yummmmy!
- Wednesday means Mexican Night at Salt Water Farm. Have you eaten there yet? What are you waiting for? Their Chef, Sam Richman, comes to SWF from Gran Electrica an authentic Mexican restaurant in Brooklyn, so he knows Mexican. No, like real Mexican. So, head on over for some Mexican food and I hear they have Mexican decorations and music too. Read a review here or here. Also, they have live music & bar snacks on Saturdays. Sample menu:
- Waterworks is open again. Happy hr is 4-6, yay bargains. Check the blog’s Happy Hour page to see all the happy hour info around town.
- Harpoon Hump Day at Rollie’s in Belfast. $2 Harpoons. Right on!
- And lastly, does it ever feel like it’s you against the world? Sometimes it’s just one of those days.. And nothing picks you up better than watching someone else get beat down. So, come check out Dodgeball at The Rockland Rec Center. Wednesday from 7-9pm. Fun to come and watch. Some teams go out to The Myrt after the game. Gotta re-hydrate, you know?