Open Mic at The Speakeasy starts at 8pm.
Winter Wednesdays at Highlands Coffeehouse. 7:30-9pm
Best of 2013 Year in Review Gala 5-9pm This is for chamber members. But if you work for a local business, you’re probably golden. Call up and get your tickets now! Lots of fun, awards, food, drinks, a& networking. It’ll be a great night for sure.
Rodney Sturgee (of Two Dollar Pistol) will be playing with Eric Green at Bowen’s Tavern in Belfast 7-10pm.
Camden International Film Festival plays a movie at The Strand once a month. Tonight, It’s a documentary called Sqaure. 7-9pm $8.50
Open Mic Night at Highlands Coffee House 6-9pm. It’s been busy over there lately so they recommend you come early get a table, sign up to play, check out the drink specials and you will have a blast!
Movie Night at Fog Tonight: HG Wells War of The Worlds. Enjoy dinner or a drink and help yourself to some of their delicious popcorn (free during the movie!). Movie starts @ 8pm.
Karaoke Night at Cuzzy’s – Starts at 9pm in the upstairs bar. Sing your hearts out.
Friday Feb. 14th, 2014
1. Rustic Overtones @ Trackside Station. Be there. You’re going to want to snag tix in advance – so get on that ASAP. Update: there are only 7 tickets left as of 2/12/14 3pm!! Starts at 9pm. $15. These guys are from Portland. You might have caught them at the Union Fair this summer. They are wicked fun to dance to. Rock/funk music. You can give them a listen on Spotify.
2. Rockland Public Library has an open house February 14 from 4-7 pm. Food, music, crafts, storytime for kiddos, and more. Door prizes as well (you need a Rockland Library card to win prizes).
3. Live music with Rave On. 7-11pm Damariscotta American Legion Hall. Admission is $5. Food & Cash bar. Open to public.
4. The Speakeasy hosts Shades of Blue, 7-11pm. Jazz music. Go for their special Valentine’s Dinner for a four course meal, champagne, chocolate and a rose. Reservations required for the meal. Or just go to see the band.
5. Live music: Shanna Underwood is playing at The Samo. Americana singer/songwriter in the Enoteca Lounge of the Samoset Resort 7-10pm. Quite pretty music. Giver her a listen on reverbnation or Spotify. Vocals a bit like Bonnie Rait. Music lovely acoustic alt country. Love when she’s got the stand up base going on.
Check out this song “Venus” on her Facebook Band Page to hear it with the base. Worth it.
6. Valentine’s Day dance with Creatures of Habit, silent auction and 50/50 raffle in the Knox County Ballroom of the Samoset Resort, $15. Tickets, FMI: 594-5095. Social hour 7 p.m., music starts 8 p.m. Cash bar. Benefits Trekkers’ students.
7. Pitch Black Ribbons to play at Billy’s Tavern in Thomaston. No cover. Starts around 8pm. These boys are from Portland. Give them a listen on Reverbnation.
8. TOP should have open mic going on. Free.
9. Belfast’s Bell The Cat has Kayla Joe playing live music from 5:30pm-8pm
10. Rock Harbor has live music.
11. Last but not least — The good ol’ Myrt has a fun karaoke night for ya. Come early to sign up and make sure you get a chance to sing. It’s starts around 9pm but you’ll want to get there no later than 10pm if you want to sing. And have fun! Good people. Good drinks. Great staff.
Tip: Let Rockport Dance Conservatory has childcare covered for you on Valentine’s Day so you can go enjoy your date night. On Friday February 14th drop your kids off with RDC for Dancing, Food, and Fun from 6-8pm in Studio A for ages 5-7 or Studio B for ages 8-10. A $10 donation will support dance education. Reserve a spot by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Rockport Dance Conservatory is located at Mid-Coast Recreation Center, 535 West Street in Rockport.
Most restaurant’s will be doing something like this:
But chances are you Love Birds already have your reservations set up. So , for everyone else, let me just say it is perfectly acceptable to eat at home alone. Also, pro tip – If you’re staying in (to snuggle or to be alone and eat chocolate – also perfectly accetable), I’ve got you covered with a FREE movie rental from Red Box! Go to a Red Box kiosk. Enter one of the following promo codes. Enjoy!
Redbox codes: DVDFREE (new one to try)
Free Redbox Code: RENTONME (ongoing)
Free Rental Code: DVDONME (ongoing)
Free Redbox Codes: BREAKROOM (ongoing)
Redbox promo code: REDBOX (new customers only)
Saturday Feb 15th, 2014
1. Farnsworth Art Museum 4-7pm reception for Celebrating Love! the Robert Indiana exhibition on display til March 16. Free event. Open to All. Contact Farnsworth to make reservations (appreciated but not required).
3. Trackside – DJ
4. Blind Albert will be playing bluesy guitar at Fog Bar & Cafe. Starts at 7:30. No cover.
5. Shanna Underwood again & Pete Witham from the Cozmik Zombies on guitar Saturday in the Enoteca Lounge at The Samoset 7-10pm.
6. Live Music at The Velvet Underground. The Bill Barnes Jazz Trio performs at Rock City Cafe, 5-7pm. Free/tips for musicians.
7. Butcher Demo @ Maine Street Meats. Free 3pm. Every Saturday.
8. More Live Music: Myrtle St. Tavern has Matt & The Barnburners playing around 9pm. $3 cover.
9. Bowen’s Tavern in Belfast Beach Party 7pm
1. Psychic Medium Sonny Robinson will be at the Myrtle Street Tavern at 7PM. He will be conducting a Group Reading for $20.00 per person. If you participate in the Group Reading you may also purchase an additional 10 minute Private Reading for $10.00 after the Group Reading (provided there is time that evening). Someone go check this out and tell me how it is!!
2. Trackside Station & Smokestack do some crazy Sunday Funday specials like bottomless mimosas. So get out there and enjoy.
3. Drink & Draw at the Fog. Starts at 7pm. Theme this week. is Anti-Valentine’s. Cute.
4. Sunday 2/16/14 is St. Practice Day at King Eider’s Pub in Damariscotta. Music from 1-3pm. Traditional cornbeef and cabbage served all day. Good thinking. I like the enthusiasm.