So, I know it’s Superbowl Sunday — Sports! — and there is plenty going on and mass quantities of chicken wings and nachos being devoured, but in case you are able to drag yourself off the sofa after the game or do something not-sports related beforehand, here’s the scoop on what will be happening around town.
1. Fog Bar & Cafe holds Drink & Draw everyday Sunday from 7pm on. They have art supplies available and different theme each week. Past themes have included: collages, round robin pictures, small murals, and more. The relaxing atmosphere makes for a lovely Sunday night.
2. Smokestack in Camden has all kinds of food & drink specials during Superbowl game
3. Trackside Station also has some food & drink specials for the Superbowl as well.
4. Winterfest Camden There was live music today during the ice carving. Stop by tomorrow to see how the ice sculptures turned out and see the ski terrain competitions and more.
5. Jazz open jam at Highlands Coffee House 1-3pm.
6. Artist opening at Zoot Coffeehouse in Camden 1-3pm. Ralph Hassenpflug’s photography will be on display during February. The reception is open to all to come in and see the work and have some light refreshments.
1. Rockland Public Library will be screening “Waiting for Superman” for free at 5pm. The film looks at the issues with our education system specifically the way it fails children of low-income families. The Maine Association for Charter Schools and Students First will host a discussion of local education challenges. I watched this film for a Sociology of Education class in college. It’s quite good.
2. Trivia night at Rock Harbor. Game starts at 7. Doesn’t cost anything to play. Game lasts about 1 hr, 1hr 30 min. Prizes for top 3 teams are 30%, 20%, or 10% off your bill, so come with a couple of friends and a clever team name, get dinner and drinks, and hope you are lucky, cause boy, there are some wicked smaht fellas on some of those teams!
Last Week’s champs.